What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

How are you preparing
Rusty74

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

Post by Rusty74 »

jennyjj01 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:39 pm
Rusty74 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:00 pm had the farm foods vouchers in the post today and noticed they are doing tomato passata jars 680g for 29p so plan a little trip tomorrow to see if i can pick any up from the nearest one to us,might be worth checking in your local ones peps
Was there today. They had a good deal on Napolina Passata. I think it was 4 for £1. Didn;t see the jars.
Picked up a 2.1kg chicken for £3. They put 1.6kg to 2.4kg birds all in the same price, so root around the freezer.

Also popped into B&M. They have seed spuds at 3 packs for £5. Not bad, but they are very small packs of small tubers. Typically 9 small tubers per pack. B&M other seeds were stupid money even after the 3/2 deal.
thanks for that jenny will have a look in b&m as well tomorrow,i normally chit my own spuds but will have a look what we have here and i know im gona end up spending £50 on other stuff from there lol
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Rusty74 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:53 pm
jennyjj01 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:39 pm
Rusty74 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:00 pm had the farm foods vouchers in the post today and noticed they are doing tomato passata jars 680g for 29p so plan a little trip tomorrow to see if i can pick any up from the nearest one to us,might be worth checking in your local ones peps
Was there today. They had a good deal on Napolina Passata. I think it was 4 for £1
thanks for that jenny will have a look in b&m as well tomorrow,i normally chit my own spuds but will have a look what we have here and i know im gona end up spending £50 on other stuff from there lol
If you do B&M & Farmfoods, please check for me the weight and count of those spud sets. I didn't have much time and not got my specs with me. I think it had the weight on the back of the card.
Also, was I seeing things on that Napolina Passata? I saw it as a bargain, but it might have been £2.00/4

Spuds..... worth noting, that the bags of spuds in Lidl all have the variety written on the label. Maybe in other supermarkets too. So far I've picked up desiree, cultra and panther varieties in cheap big bags. Each variety gets googled and assessed as seed potential. :D :P :idea:
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

Friend went for annual blood pressure check at pharmacy today
Got sent straight to hospital as her sats weren't right
Somewhere in Nottingham
Last text anyone got was ..nothing with me no phone charger no clothes no money nothing ..toothbrush..anything and theyre keeping me in poss 5 days ..phone dying ...
Don't know weather her car is in park and ride or the hospital and no idea now what ward.. how she is or where she is !
Not even sure which hospital she's been admitted to

Detective work tomorrow ...

Preps for me tomorrow
Make sure grab bag in car is intact ..one in hallway is intact ...
One in bedroom is intact ... and maybe make another one up !
I've got my annual check up soon 😬
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

GeeGee wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:56 pm Friend went for annual blood pressure check at pharmacy today
Somewhere in Nottingham
Last text anyone got was ..nothing with me no phone charger no clothes no money nothing ..toothbrush..anything and theyre keeping me in poss 5 days ..phone dying ...
Don't know weather her car is in park and ride or the hospital and no idea now what ward.. how she is or where she is !

OMG. And that was just the annual blood pressure thing? The poor woman :(

Like you, GeeGee, that makes me think of my own situation (after you thought of your detective work, sorry!) : I'm swapping bags and things at the moment, everything is everywhere. I *will* sort my EDC and my BOB tomorrow morning. No excuses.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

GeeGee wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:56 pm Friend went for annual blood pressure check at pharmacy today
Somewhere in Nottingham
Crikey! There has to be a warning in there for us all.
A phone charger, alone could have made all the difference.
Isolated at a hospital without funds or grab bag is enough to raise anyone's blood pressure.

I hope she's OK.

Note to self. Get USBC lead and cash stash EDC of some sort. Then review grab bag situation.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Kiwififer

Post by Kiwififer »

Somewhere in Nottingham

Preps for me tomorrow
Make sure grab bag in car is intact ..one in hallway is intact ...
One in bedroom is intact ... and maybe make another one up !
I've got my annual check up soon 😬
I’m having to monitor mine’s for a week, average is 170/110. A tad high.

Anyhoo, I’m buying face masks again, Scottish government has asked social care providers to get staff to wear masks indoors when working with service users, we got the email yesterday.

It’s flu this time and not Covid apparently
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Preps paid off tonight the flat tyre idiot light came on driving home just as I got to the main road found a rough layby quick look at the tyres found the softer one of the 4 quick look with the torch bit of metal in the tyre :evil:

Could hear the air escaping .. pitch black off side puncture busy road just before rush hour the soft gravel layby would make jacking unsafe.... Just before rush hour is probably the worst time traffic flow / speed wise :roll: I'm clad head to foot in high Vis orange / reflective work overalls so no issues there plus my hardhat was in the passenger footwell which also has a JSP reflective kit stuck to it

Plan B the tyre emergency plug kit

Connected the compressor set to 5psi over the regular pressure and set it running...

Then set up my surgeons kit ;)

Tyre positioned so the bit of metal was fully accessible

Torch pointed in the right area

Multi tool pliers..

Reamer

Plug setting tool rubber "string" inserted daubed in glue..

Set go..

Pliers pulled out the metal

Immediately in the hole I forced the reaming tool took some force to get it through once in pull push rotating a bit all the time by now the air was leaking a bit more as the compressor kicked in

Added some glue to the reamer and did it a few more times....

Now it's sh1t or bust time yank out the reamer and stab the string plug in asap...

Once in bit of a sharp pull and... It's sealed let the compressor top it up whilst trimming off the excess string

Probably took less than 3 minutes less time with my backside in traffic the better....

https://youtu.be/4RDX2jUfiCc

Tyre mans coming out tomorrow to do a full permanent patch / plug repair but home safely just been out and checked it's still at 30psi 7 hours later
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:07 pm

Tyre mans coming out tomorrow to do a full permanent patch / plug repair but home safely just been out and checked it's still at 30psi 7 hours later
Very clever.
BUT, You never identified which lamp or lamps you were using. Is that a deliberate omission because you are embarrassed at not having the flashing red one available. :)

Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jennyjj01 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:50 pm
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:07 pm

Very clever.
BUT, You never identified which lamp or lamps you were using. Is that a deliberate omission because you are embarrassed at not having the flashing red one available. :)

I used the night searcher trio 550

https://www.nightsearcher.co.uk/en/prod ... -lamp.html

Simple solid bright torch ;). As for flashing lights I was broken down so permitted to use as many amber led warning strobes as I want :twisted:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

I’m having to monitor mine’s for a week, average is 170/110. A tad high.

Anyhoo, I’m buying face masks again, Scottish government has asked social care providers to get staff to wear masks indoors when working with service users, we got the email yesterday.

It’s flu this time and not Covid apparently
[/quote]

Ah I see ..when Mr GG was at his app in clinic they all had masks on ..and gave out to everyone coming in ..hes deaf usually works on half lip reading and the rest me yelling whats been said ...he didn't have a clue

In the end up the nurse stuck her face close to him and yelled
IM GOING TO TAKE MY MASK OFF IS THIS OK ?
I was cracked up ...hed missed the first 40 mins or so
Ended up leaving with paperwork to read
Seems so many have this flu or whatever is going round ..