Hi from the East Riding of Yorkshire

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
dodger112958

Hi from the East Riding of Yorkshire

Post by dodger112958 »

Hi to all, new to prepping. Current world situation has made me want to plan ahead, money meltdown in the west, new leader in North Korea, Syria heading for civil war and now Iran threatening to close the Straits of Hormuz.
I don't really have the option of bugging out as my wife is wheelchair bound after a stroke five years ago left her paralysed down the left side, so buggin in is our choice of circumstance. Started buying extra packets, tins etc, every time I go to the supermarket, also invested in a mini trangia stove to give me an alternative method of cooking.
Aim to to collect thirty days supply of water, food, fuel and lighting initially, then to aim for sixty days etc, slow but sure.
Nice to know there are lots of like minded people out there, thought I was getting paranoid in my old age, comforting to know I haven't lost it after all
Regards
pseudonym

Re: Hi from the East Riding of Yorkshire

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Hello and welcome.
Rosesandtea

Post by Rosesandtea »

Hi and welcome.

I wrote a longer welcome but it disappeared so maybe I was meant to keep it short!! So howdy and I hope you enjoy your time here.
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Welcome. Slow and steady sums up most of our prepping journeys I think. Point is, at least you are doing something.
We have had many discussions about bugging in and I think many of us would be choosing that option and therefore preparing to do that.
Any questions, feel free to ask.
hobo

Post by hobo »

Hello neighbour!
maxilaura

Post by maxilaura »

hello and welcome
skippy

Post by skippy »

Hi Dodger
Welcome to UKP

skippy
PeakOilNow

Post by PeakOilNow »

In reference to the you "loosing it" statement I can only think about those on the deck of a certain ship mid April 1912, sipping drinks and pompously remarking that 70,000 tons of steel is unsinkable.

Anyway, welcome :)
Alleycat

Post by Alleycat »

Hello from me in Dorset :D I too am a bug in kinda girl - have a 12 year old daughter and so dont really want to be dragging her out into the badlands, so we are planning accordingly. Hope you find the site useful :D