Winters here

How are you preparing
tfish

Winters here

Post by tfish »

Sleet and snow has been falling in parts of Scotland and is expected to continue through to Monday.
Snow at low levels to depths of 2-6cm has been forecast and could reach 10-15cm on higher ground.

Meanwhile in England snow is reported in the north west with medium falls in the north east tonight.

It makes everything harder dosnt it! and we have some nasty biting winds here in the N.E.

How overboard have the supermarkets gone on snow shovels though?

You would think normnal shovels just arnt good enough.

I am going to check my levels on my truck and rake out my long johns and thats about it. I was contemplating a winter camping trip to test out my abilitys in the snow but i think i might leave that till next year!!!
TomW

Re: Winters here

Post by TomW »

tfish wrote:I was contemplating a winter camping trip to test out my abilitys in the snow but i think i might leave that till next year!!!
Chicken.... ;)
:mrgreen:
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

We ain't got nothing yet. It usually happens that the cold starts, and then maybe a day or two later we get it and the cold gets trapped where I am and it gets colder then everywhere in England (not necessarily other parts of the UK though).

My longjohns are on standby ready to be deployed when the snow comes ;)
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
tfish

Post by tfish »

Longjohns prepped and ready for launch!!!
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

tfish wrote:Longjohns prepped and ready for launch!!!
OMG what a vision :lol: :lol:
WhiteWolf

Post by WhiteWolf »

The Met Office has predicted that as much as six-inches of snow could fall across northern parts with wintry showers expected to spread as far south as the Midlands over the next 24 hours.

The big chill will cause day time temperatures across Scotland and the north to drop to a chilly low of 2°C.

The Met office has also issued a UK snow warning for travel disruption as night time temperatures could struggle above freezing causing icy road conditions. Last night, temperatures in Scotland reached lows of -7°C.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/uk-snow-warning.html

Link to Met Office

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... nings.html
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

:mrgreen: Is bloody baltic up here. Wind coming right off the polar ice cap. Couple of inches snow but its frozen into concrete. Sainsburys delivered to me today and the driver was really young and really smart assed. Flew down our hill which is a cul de sac, drew up with a flourish at the very bottom...... I said oh be careful you'll get stuck.. he said oh no I'm fine -with a pitying smile at the wee fussy woman.
An hour later, he finally got out.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Technik

Post by Technik »

diamond lil wrote::mrgreen: Is bloody baltic up here. Wind coming right off the polar ice cap. Couple of inches snow but its frozen into concrete. Sainsburys delivered to me today and the driver was really young and really smart assed. Flew down our hill which is a cul de sac, drew up with a flourish at the very bottom...... I said oh be careful you'll get stuck.. he said oh no I'm fine -with a pitying smile at the wee fussy woman.
An hour later, he finally got out.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: Lesson learned
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Snowing heavy here now
tfish

Post by tfish »

where exc are you in pictland