PAYG Credit Life.

How are you preparing
Ogre

PAYG Credit Life.

Post by Ogre »

Wonder if you guys can save me having to trog around mobile phone shops on my precious day off. Here's the scenario.

Neither myself, wife or daughter work in an environment where we can pick up and answer our mobile phones with impunity. I'd get fired, my daughter works in a hospital and my wife is working with 'vulnerable' adults and needs to keep her attention sharp.

However, we've decided it would be a good idea to each have a cheap mobile, pay as you go phone, with a small amount of credit on about our persons. If that phone ever goes off, it's a drop everything and scram TSHTF warning phone. No hanging around until break to see what's up. Just Bug Out NOW.

Phones are cheap enough, but I gather the Phone networks, will only allow your purchased credit to have a limited life before expiring.

Can you tell me who's got the longest ? IE. A month ? 2 months ? etc.

Thanks
pseudonym

Re: PAYG Credit Life.

Post by pseudonym »

Ogre wrote:Wonder if you guys can save me having to trog around mobile phone shops on my precious day off. Here's the scenario.

Neither myself, wife or daughter work in an environment where we can pick up and answer our mobile phones with impunity. I'd get fired, my daughter works in a hospital and my wife is working with 'vulnerable' adults and needs to keep her attention sharp.

However, we've decided it would be a good idea to each have a cheap mobile, pay as you go phone, with a small amount of credit on about our persons. If that phone ever goes off, it's a drop everything and scram TSHTF warning phone. No hanging around until break to see what's up. Just Bug Out NOW.

Phones are cheap enough, but I gather the Phone networks, will only allow your purchased credit to have a limited life before expiring.

Can you tell me who's got the longest ? IE. A month ? 2 months ? etc.

Thanks

My Tesco £9.99 PAYG came with £10 of free credit. :lol:

Used it in Iraq and Afghanistan a few years ago and had great reception wherever I was.

I have never had any lost credit from it, but I might just be a jammy git :lol:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

according to dear son once you put the credit on your phone it stays there, its only things like free text that run out.
jansman

Post by jansman »

preppingsu wrote:according to dear son once you put the credit on your phone it stays there, its only things like free text that run out.
My Daughters just said the same.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
jansman

Post by jansman »

You have to make a call every 6months. I'd say once a month. I have a PAYG.20 quid a year I spend. £120 a month for my houseful of Ladies on contract!
What do they talk about?
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
hobo

Post by hobo »

Our emergency PAYG mobiles have to be used every 6 months.
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

standard Nokia phone with £15 payg credit on it, just used for emergencies, havent used it for months, havent lost any credit yet.
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

Thank Ye Kindly All. If that's the case, may get one for my mother as well, as she has access to day time news. Just have to lock it in a steel box and give the key to my father to hold :mrgreen:
Gillbabs

Post by Gillbabs »

Remember texting for an emergency. On 7/7 all the London mobile networks were unusable for voice but the texts did get through - even if they took a while.
the-gnole

Post by the-gnole »

Tesco O2 network PAYG is for ten pounds you put on they give you twenty pounds free, but when the "free" credit goes at the end of the 28, 30, 31 days the £10 stays on there. to use when you want.