Prep for now and not just the future

How are you preparing
preppingsu

Prep for now and not just the future

Post by preppingsu »

http://apartmentprepper.com/?p=2554

Interesting thoughts on ensuring we are prepared for now events ie illness and not just things that might happen in the future. As we head into the winter months and all the illnesses that it brings consider what you and your family might need to get through bouts of flu, stomach upsets/food poisoning, fevers etc without having to go to a chemist.

For me that means stocking up on nice tissues, the ones with aloe vera on them. Normally I buy value but when you have a streaming cold or flu its so nice to blow your nose in soft tissue. Also lemsips, and liquid paracetamol for the kids as they won't take tablets.
TimeisRunningOut

Re: Prep for now and not just the future

Post by TimeisRunningOut »

preppingsu wrote:http://apartmentprepper.com/?p=2554

Interesting thoughts on ensuring we are prepared for now events ie illness and not just things that might happen in the future. As we head into the winter months and all the illnesses that it brings consider what you and your family might need to get through bouts of flu, stomach upsets/food poisoning, fevers etc without having to go to a chemist.

For me that means stocking up on nice tissues, the ones with aloe vera on them. Normally I buy value but when you have a streaming cold or flu its so nice to blow your nose in soft tissue. Also lemsips, and liquid paracetamol for the kids as they won't take tablets.
Good point that for colds, although if you are spiritually in tune, you wouldn't catch colds :)

Try eating less meat, stop drinking cows milk altogther... oh yeah and stop drinking flourinated tap water... I GAURANTEE YOU your immune system shoots up by winter time.

Ive only been doing these things since the start of the year and Ive never felt more alive.
PLEASE trust me
The masses are kept dumb by what they
EAT
DRINK
and WATCH (entertainment, sports, TV, movies, shows) etc.

So please don't eat/drink/watch that poop
I trust your kids are in good hands now :)
FlyingHaggis

Post by FlyingHaggis »

think one of the most often forgotten things about prepping is the First Aid aspect , I is important to keep your medical cabinet first aid box stocked up as well as the items you have put away for SHTF

Its also important to keep your training up to date , and your mind fresh . just like with everything we do the more we do it the more it sinks in

since doctors usually only like to give one months prescriptions at a time a tip I would also give to those who have prescription medicine is when it comes to re ordering your prescription do it a week before your script runs out and put the week you have saved away for an emergency you will gradually build up stocks of the prescription
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Yes, you need that for the snow anyway haggis, in case you cant make it out to the docs.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

TimeisRunningOut wrote: Good point that for colds, although if you are spiritually in tune, you wouldn't catch colds :)
Poppycock :tinfoil
TimeisRunningOut wrote: Try eating less meat, stop drinking cows milk altogther... oh yeah and stop drinking flourinated tap water... I GAURANTEE YOU your immune system shoots up by winter time.
I do all three and smoke and drink - never get a cold
TimeisRunningOut wrote: The masses are kept dumb by what they
EAT
DRINK
and WATCH (entertainment, sports, TV, movies, shows) etc.
Thanks for the generalisation :?
TimeisRunningOut wrote: I trust your kids are in good hands now :)
Rather presumptious of you isn't it?
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jansman

Post by jansman »

preppingsu wrote:http://apartmentprepper.com/?p=2554

I am asthmatic,and I currently have a Uber chest infection.Too me three bloody days to get a doctor!So yes!stock up all those meds.Poundland is good for many of these BTW.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

A couple of months back I started taking Iodine solution in a glass of water everyday.

Not been ill yet but but I guess a longer period of time will be needed to see if it has had any effect.

I agree that eating less meat won't hurt and fluoridated water is bad for you but not as much as fluoride toothpaste. Most people have no idea what fluoride is or where it comes from. If they actually did a little research they would never use it again.

I use Boots Smile Fluoride Free toothpaste.

As for milk, we are the only creatures on the planet that drink another animals milk. Anyone remember Flo Jo? The American sprinter who won a load of gold medals and is still classed asa the fastest women in hostory. She drank gallons of milk every day and swore by it. She died at the age of 38. Official cause of death was epilepsy but when they did the autopsy her blood was like gloop which was due to the amount of milk she drank.

We give that stuff to our babies when Mother's milk is the best thing any child could have.

Be lucky (and gloop free)
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Bladerunner wrote: Mother's milk is the best thing any child could have.

Be lucky (and gloop free)

Bladerunner, glad you're back, missed your signing off's....... :D

totally agree about mothers milk too
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

....And yet my whole family drank milky tea non-stop all day every day and all of them lived until their late 80s... :twisted: I need my tea ! :twisted:
jansman

Post by jansman »

I couldn't function without it.uk gvt. Plans for nuclear war in the 50's included plans for providing tea of all things.They knew it was vital to morale.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.