Staying positive

How are you preparing
jansman

Staying positive

Post by jansman »

On another thread here we strayed onto the topic of positive thinking in the face of adversity.
We all know that it's the right thing to smile and stay positive even when life is tough.
Just like many here funds are tight at Chez Jansman and the job situation is shaky( well it's standing on the edge of the cliff!)But is that going to get us down?Hell No !

So to kick off,I stay positive by getting up each morning ,looking forward to my 20 mile bike ride to work.Tonight I will cut some free firewood towards the Winter stockpile.
Those two actions will cost me time only,and you know? I just dealt with two pressing problems-The cost of transport and heating fuel.

No three benefits-I am keeping fit too.

Let's have some positive feedback!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
diamond lil

Re: Staying positive

Post by diamond lil »

Absolutely ! Positive thinking is my mantra. No point sitting around whining and waiting for life to give you everything, cos it won't! However bad you feel, if you get off the ass and do something about it then you feel better :mrgreen: I have ME which really flattens me a lot of the time but inside my head I'm always kicking ass :lol: I also have a very negative moany OH who never sees the bright side in any situation and who seriously will pull me under if I let him.
On Monday we noticed water leaking out from under the fire... turns out the back boiler is leaking, stove has to come out, half the wall has to come down, all has to be renewed, blahblah. (HA house thanku god)
For years that big sod has whined that he hates coal...is dirty /is messy /is hard work /why dont we get all electric. (I wont because we have frequent powercuts, & also the HA fit these new storage heaters where the temp is controlled remotely , from somewhere a hell of a lot lower & warmer than here, and everybody who has them is freezing lol).
Sooo.. now he's moaning like utter hell that he's cold/there's no hot water/cant have a deep bath every night blah de blah. I learned long ago to ignore him. Like all married wimmen :twisted: But having that attitude is a total waste of time and I can't understand it.
buttystella

Post by buttystella »

jansman is so correct in positive actions and thought, diamond drags OH to her mind set and totally understands how he thinks well done to both.
I was once very fit and a good runner from a mile up to 12 and i just loved the feeling of the body feeling good. However at the age of, well, nearing retirement and a few medical problems I am unable to run but i get out and walk most days.
What I am trying to say is that I have adapted to my condition and adaption and positive thinking have gone hand in hand with my advancing years. In life we can strive or arse sit feeling sorry for our selves or adapt and think positive and squeeze out of life the best we can.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Bang on! I have been reading elsewhere about "Prepper Fatigue".I think a change in outlook can help us to achieve a lot more,a lot easier.Our prepping goals can be met(I think) a lot quicker.I will maintain that outlook when I tackle that pile of firewood later-what a pile!

Robert Frost.

Me.
FlyingHaggis

Post by FlyingHaggis »

every morning you wake up is a good morning i should be in a box and buried by now but I am sure i have a gardian angel ;) so I am happy to plod on at my pace live life the best I can and plod on again :) onwards and upwards
TimeisRunningOut

Post by TimeisRunningOut »

FlyingHaggis wrote:every morning you wake up is a good morning i should be in a box and buried by now but I am sure i have a gardian angel ;) so I am happy to plod on at my pace live life the best I can and plod on again :) onwards and upwards
EXACTLY
You are special, you are unique... you are not just a meaningless number or MR on a government comptuer screen

I think I sometimes have a guardian angel

YEAH people think am crazy sometimes, but at least I know my fellow preppers wont think am crazy

2012-2013 is supposed to be a TRANSFORMATION, a great awakening (some of you are waking up quicker than me!)

The government/secret societies are HELL BENT on causing MISERY so that we are all fighting and bickering come 2012-2013 instead of UNITING and problem solving

The war on terror - manufactured LIE (like every war since 1776 and even earlier)
The recession/depression - manufactured LIE (like every boom and bust since 1912)

Please people, you are smart enough to see thru their propaganda :lol:

I love you guys, i dont want you to get sucked by their lies

Feel free to ask anything............ :tinfoil
Brambling01

Post by Brambling01 »

TimeisRunningOut wrote:
FlyingHaggis wrote:every morning you wake up is a good morning i should be in a box and buried by now but I am sure i have a gardian angel ;) so I am happy to plod on at my pace live life the best I can and plod on again :) onwards and upwards
EXACTLY
You are special, you are unique... you are not just a meaningless number or MR on a government comptuer screen

I think I sometimes have a guardian angel

YEAH people think am crazy sometimes, but at least I know my fellow preppers wont think am crazy

2012-2013 is supposed to be a TRANSFORMATION, a great awakening (some of you are waking up quicker than me!)

The government/secret societies are HELL BENT on causing MISERY so that we are all fighting and bickering come 2012-2013 instead of UNITING and problem solving

The war on terror - manufactured LIE (like every war since 1776 and even earlier)
The recession/depression - manufactured LIE (like every boom and bust since 1912)

Please people, you are smart enough to see thru their propaganda :lol:

I love you guys, i dont want you to get sucked by their lies

Feel free to ask anything............ :tinfoil
*holds hand up* erm, evidence to support your statements please?
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

:mrgreen: don't think govt lies is anything new - that one's as old as the Romans!
jansman

Post by jansman »

ONE gvt lie.the job centre is there to help people find work.My Daughter is looking.Because she has part time they will not help her get full time-she doesn't qualify.What have I paid tax for the last 30 yrs. For?

Robert Frost.

Me.
Carrot Cruncher

Post by Carrot Cruncher »

*holds hand up* erm, evidence to support your statements please?
Seconded

I really am getting sick of all the conspiracies, elinin, 2012, and every other bit of BS conspiracy shite that keeps cropping up. This is meant to be a prepping site ffs.

I wont bother posting the link to scoobs announcement again as no body seems to read the thing anyway.

No wonder preppers and prepping don't get taken seriously

And with that rant I will leave you all to it, lifes way too short to spend it reading a load of delusional BS

I may pop back in 2013 just to say I told you so ;)