Returning person after long break

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
m.marino

Returning person after long break

Post by m.marino »

Once was much more active on this forum and then life got strange.

Now going to try to get more active again.

Background, Dad, Husband, yank, MM0MSU, grew up in the US with a garden that did a very good job of feeding a family of 4 or supplementing the budget at minimum.

Looking for folks who like dealing with ideas for power generation, durable comm's, and community. As given what is being played in society community is going to be a very important part.

Look forward to discussion and hope everyone is well
jennyjj01

Re: Returning person after long break

Post by jennyjj01 »

m.marino wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:50 pm Background, Dad, Husband, yank, MM0MSU...
Community? I'm too antisocial If TSHTF, I'll aspire to eat my neighbours rather than share resources with them :D

Incidentally.
Some preppers here are secretive about their identities, so that we don't get our baked beans looted come TEOTWAWKI. I guess you don't share that quirk.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome back marino - hope your life is on a bit more of an even keel. But I'm afraid I've no idea what "MMOMSU" is :P

Still, you know the drill here, get stuck in, enjoy the learning and sharing.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Arzosah wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:50 pm Welcome back marino - hope your life is on a bit more of an even keel. But I'm afraid I've no idea what "MMOMSU" is :P

It's his ham radio callsign,
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Hi from down the road in Jedburgh :mrgreen:
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

jennyjj01 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:48 pm
Arzosah wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:50 pm Welcome back marino - hope your life is on a bit more of an even keel. But I'm afraid I've no idea what "MMOMSU" is :P

Thanks for that :D
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Arzosah wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:00 am
jennyjj01 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:48 pm

Am I on the outside of an inside joke? :? I.e. did you know really?

Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

jennyjj01 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:42 pm
Arzosah wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:00 am
jennyjj01 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:48 pm It's his ham radio callsign,
No! I don't do that! Ever. If I make a joke, it will be accompanied by " :D ". Or " :mrgreen: " or some variation thereof.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Arzosah wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:16 pm
jennyjj01 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:42 pm
Arzosah wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:00 am Thanks for that :D
No! I don't do that! Ever. If I make a joke, it will be accompanied by " :D ". Or " :mrgreen: " or some variation thereof.
Pah! You double got me there. :lol:

m.marino

Post by m.marino »

jennyjj01 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:20 pm
m.marino wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:50 pm Background, Dad, Husband, yank, MM0MSU...
Community? I'm too antisocial If TSHTF, I'll aspire to eat my neighbours rather than share resources with them :D

Incidentally.
Some preppers here are secretive about their identities, so that we don't get our baked beans looted come TEOTWAWKI. I guess you don't share that quirk.
I can understand and respect that. Though survival rate greatly increases when you have your back covered when you sleep. It is one of the issues we humans have. As community at one level is very very useful, on the other hand it also breeds much of the modern issue we have and over time can destroy itself. I believe the old saying is :"Hard times breed strong men, Strong men breed good times, Good times breed weak men, Weak men breed hard times. " it is one of the point that history keeps teaching us and most folks are to foolish or arrogant to learn from it. The issue comes in finding folks who can function together but also can function as an individual. That is a difficult thing to find these days in many places. As too many have gone mindless tribal and allow the group think to control how they function in society. Anyway enough of that soap box. Thanks for the welcome.