Power station not to buy

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
steptoe

Power station not to buy

Post by steptoe »

Do not buy one of the ones i list here or one that looks like it they are all in fact from the same plant in china and mine failed on day 1 at 69% the inverter stopped i then recharged and again it stoipped i then used the usb socket they work and show drain butthe inverter does not and the labels on the machine says 500w so i asked the seller they said wrong label on it so i told them the other issues they offer 50% i said no either a new one or money back they have stalled and tried to scam me on the return address as it leads to a health care provider so i refused to post to that address i rang the office they said no one of the name works there , their comapny registered office is again a health care place that is closed down and a dental practise and to top it it is also the dhs office in the area lol like the chinese sellers have got some cheek at best .
I can not get the money back amazon are trying to get it now but i hold out little hope of that even after the seller said they would refund

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Domfish-Portab ... C67&sr=8-3

that is the one but there are some without names identical to it avoid at all cost
GeeGee

Re: Power station not to buy

Post by GeeGee »

Thats a lot of money to shell out for it to be faulty
Are you covered by a warranty if money back ?. If you've only just received it the returns policy may be valid?
Amazon generally do sort it for the customer however I also had a issue years ago that was a pain sorting with them
I went for the jackery which suited my needs more expensive but I'm pretty wary of names I don't know ..also basically as I dont really know what I'm doing most of the time so I went for tried and tested
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

GeeGee wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:54 pm Thats a lot of money to shell out for it to be faulty
Are you covered by a warranty if money back ?. If you've only just received it the returns policy may be valid?
Amazon generally do sort it for the customer however I also had a issue years ago that was a pain sorting with them
I went for the jackery which suited my needs more expensive but I'm pretty wary of names I don't know ..also basically as I dont really know what I'm doing most of the time so I went for tried and tested
It is a nightmare it was new i charged it went to test it charging me laptop the power went down to 69% then cut out i checked the lappy not charger so tried it nothing i plugged in a usb bank and it started to charge but the inverter nothing so i charged it back up and it started again down to 69% then stopped so i contacted them they kept stalling send a video do this do that we can fix it in the end i said i return for a new one or a refund then they got the oh no we give 50% i said nope i want a new or refund since they have messed round in the end amazon can see all the messages they said they will refund if i leave positive feedback i said i will leave feedback saying seller refunded but no i have ot sya unit was good and so on , then they tried to get me to return to an address in rochdale that is rented out to a health care supplier they are not there i showed amazon that but they said send it there i refused then they said send to an address in abingdon that turns out to be a closed down dental practise and the building is still for rent it has loads of twists and turns to this , i am now left with them saying they will refund but then do not so amazon a to z have taken over , it is a nightmare these chinese sellers are getting very grafty
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Big OUCH. I read your amazon review.
Give em hell.
Amazon customer service can be good. Or Credit card chargeback or distance selling regs.

Or sue Yorkshire Andy for recommending it. :lol:
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jennyjj01 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:08 pm Big OUCH. I read your amazon review.
Give em hell.
Amazon customer service can be good. Or Credit card chargeback or distance selling regs.

Don't go blaming me :lol:

I'm still on the fence re the power stations give them a few more years to sort the tech out and iron out the problems then I'll be interested :lol:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:31 pm
Give em hell.

Don't go blaming me :lol:

I'm still on the fence re the power stations give them a few more years to sort the tech out and iron out the problems then I'll be interested :lol:
LOL andy i wish i had in a way but i keep thinking anything to have a little back up , i am now trying to work more on power and batteries to get power i like the old war time program i watched the house was run on 12v light now back them they were crap compared to todays leds but they house was powered by baateries at night and genny in the day , i like hte idea of getting some sort of up yours to the power companies i know i will never be full off grid but as much as possible i want to use less , in my ideal world we would move to a remore cottage in the valleys and live off oil / wood / coal orwhatever we could cooking and heating wise and then power lights battery solar and wind if i could afford it but hey i done the lotto this week if i win i think i would start a huge commune lol
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

Give em hell.

Well it goes to prove if you fight your corner with enough conviction you get there in the end , so far they have refunded but i refused to remove the review so we shall see if it goes through or gets cancelled
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

steptoe wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:33 pm Do not buy one of the ones i list here or one that looks like it they are all in fact from the same plant in china and mine failed on day 1 at 69% the inverter stopped i then recharged and again it stoipped i then used the usb socket they work and show drain butthe inverter does not and the labels on the machine says 500w so i asked the seller they said wrong label on it so i told them the other issues they offer 50% i said no either a new one or money back they have stalled and tried to scam me on the return address as it leads to a health care provider so i refused to post to that address i rang the office they said no one of the name works there , their comapny registered office is again a health care place that is closed down and a dental practise and to top it it is also the dhs office in the area lol like the chinese sellers have got some cheek at best .
I can not get the money back amazon are trying to get it now but i hold out little hope of that even after the seller said they would refund

that is the one but there are some without names identical to it avoid at all cost
If you sign up to Jackery then you'll get vouchers/discount codes. They had 25% off all models recently.
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

itsybitsy wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:46 pm
steptoe wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:33 pm Do not buy one of the ones i list here or one that looks like it they are all in fact from the same plant in china and mine failed on day 1 at 69% the inverter stopped i then recharged and again it stoipped i then used the usb socket they work and show drain butthe inverter does not and the labels on the machine says 500w so i asked the seller they said wrong label on it so i told them the other issues they offer 50% i said no either a new one or money back they have stalled and tried to scam me on the return address as it leads to a health care provider so i refused to post to that address i rang the office they said no one of the name works there , their comapny registered office is again a health care place that is closed down and a dental practise and to top it it is also the dhs office in the area lol like the chinese sellers have got some cheek at best .

If you sign up to Jackery then you'll get vouchers/discount codes. They had 25% off all models recently.
Thank you itsy for that info i am going to look , i did watch a travel trolls video of the jackery they arved aboutthem then they called them outdated when eco flow gave them freebies funny how a freebie can change peoples views on a product , i am going to jackery now i know people rave about them i like eco flow the higher power units but unless i win the lotto they are a dream , bit like my guns lol .