Distilled water

Finding it, filtering it, treating it all in here!
worried mother

Distilled water

Post by worried mother »

after filtering and puryfying if you are in doubt about a dirty bomb you need to distill the water

tie a cup with wire onto a kettle spot and have a container underneath to catch the steam drips.
when the kettle is boile it will hit the cup and the drops in the bottom container will be distilled
Setfree

Re: Distilled water

Post by Setfree »

Im really wanting to get a SHFT solution to a dirty bomb as I believe the threat now is very real
I had found non electric distillers but they are sold out until June - Should be back in stock after then, I really want one as it may take a long time to really collect water with a cup and some wire, what do you think, have you tried it? This is a topic Im very interested in :))

http://www.wholisticresearch.com/shop/h ... 11/page/1/
worried mother

Post by worried mother »

Setfree wrote:Im really wanting to get a SHFT solution to a dirty bomb as I believe the threat now is very real
I had found non electric distillers but they are sold out until June - Should be back in stock after then, I really want one as it may take a long time to really collect water with a cup and some wire, what do you think, have you tried it? This is a topic Im very interested in :))

http://www.wholisticresearch.com/shop/h ... 11/page/1/

It does take a long time, but the method i have given is a sure fire definate way, to make distilled water in an electric machine will be no good, you need electric, the non electric ones while handy may not be as effective, i will look into a maybe quicker way, but i doubt it.
Setfree

Post by Setfree »

the website says that thing can do 60L a day!! even if it did a fraction of that wouldnt it be a good solutiuon as its non electric and can run on a campstove...? I think the drawback is the price though!
worried mother

Post by worried mother »

The problem now is would you get one
worried mother

Post by worried mother »

I have now put something a bit quicker up fallout bucket
hazmat

Post by hazmat »

Have you thought of this idea?

I've used it for distilled water in my batteries in an emergency.
My pot is 2 liter stainless steel though. 1/2 a cup takes about 2 hours and a couple of refills.
Last edited by hazmat on Sun May 08, 2011 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
worried mother

Post by worried mother »

hazmat wrote:Have you thought of this idea?

I use it for distilled water for my batteries.

Have you got any printed instuctions ?
hazmat

Post by hazmat »

Too fast worried mother, I'd just edited it, sorry.
Cooking pot, steel lid, inverted.
Tie a cup to the handle / knob with string. Nothing complicated.
pour water into the pot but not up to the bottom of the cup.
Normal china cup, not tried a metal mug or anything else.
Boil.
Check on it to avoid it boiling dry
(SWMBO half killed me the last time cause i let it boil dry).

Steam condensates on the lid and drips into the cup.

DON'T boil it too hard, it fills the kitchen with steam (my other thick ear from SWMBO)
worried mother

Post by worried mother »

That is not bad.