my large bob

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
TreePirate

my large bob

Post by TreePirate »

173.JPG
179.JPG
Please feel free to comment and give advice as this is an on going project...
All kit is tryed and tested...

Low Alpine 35/45 litre rucksack
Waterproof dry sack
Plastic survival bag/biv
3 season sleeping bag to fit in biv
Axe
Knife
Msr water purifier
Compass
Monocular
First Aid kit
6x ration packs (4000 calories)
20x crossbow bolts
Gorrila tape
1 litre water bottle (food grade)
Aliminium pans/kettle
Fuel burner
Toiletries kit
Quick Escape Utility belt
TreePirate

Re: my large bob

Post by TreePirate »

Quick Bob/evac belt

3 ponchos
Foil sleepingbag
Batterys
Mini maglite
Laser pen
Mini led torch
Sharpie
Pencil
4 hour candle
Mint cake
CS gas
Gold silver money
Leatherman rebar
Screwdriver
Silva compass
Flint
Bic lighters
Tumble drier lint
Tampon
Attachments
176.JPG
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

What sort of crossbow do you have? And how will you carry it? I've got an Armex Jaguar and it's one of the most awkward things I've tried to carry, not that I reckon they are a great tool for anything other than fun, you're travelling light I take it so do you have an area in mind to bug out to? Or are we talking experimentation to see what you can carry, I have done this but in the get home format.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

I hope it's not actually CS gas, or if it is that you're not based in the U.K., as according to our law (which I would agree is daft) it is classed as a section 5 firearm that can get you in a hell of a lot of trouble.

I'm not saying don't have it, that's up to you if you know the risks, but it's probably not a good idea to tell anyone about it.

I'm guessing from what you have in the bag that this is a full on BOB for a WROL situation, so i would suggest that you ditch the orange survival bag for at least a green plastic one, or preferably a surplus gore tex one, I would add a small tarp or a poncho with tie outs as well.
If you're bugging out in a full on SHTF situation then something designed to be seen for miles is the last thing you need, and you'll be much more comfortable in something breathable.
Last edited by Jamesey1981 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
TreePirate

Post by TreePirate »

Plymtom wrote:What sort of crossbow do you have? And how will you carry it? I've got an Armex Jaguar and it's one of the most awkward things I've tried to carry, not that I reckon they are a great tool for anything other than fun, you're travelling light I take it so do you have an area in mind to bug out to? Or are we talking experimentation to see what you can carry, I have done this but in the get home format.

If it comes to ever needing this bag ill have the crossbow in my hands and the mrs will have the the gun and our youngest lol...it has a sling too...i can hit a tin can at 25 yards 9/10 times, and a 2 litre pop bottle at 40 in a breeze so deffo worth the awkward carry..

The bag is designed for 48 hours anywhere any weather and longterm stay if there is a food source...
Yes we are bug outers (only because our home isnt secure)
We have 3 places to go depending onn the situation that arises.
womble

Post by womble »

Without knowing what, within certain paramaters, you're prepping for, it's hard to say what's missing, apart from water transport and any considerable FAK
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

TreePirate wrote:
Plymtom wrote:What sort of crossbow do you have? And how will you carry it? I've got an Armex Jaguar and it's one of the most awkward things I've tried to carry, not that I reckon they are a great tool for anything other than fun, you're travelling light I take it so do you have an area in mind to bug out to? Or are we talking experimentation to see what you can carry, I have done this but in the get home format.

If it comes to ever needing this bag ill have the crossbow in my hands and the mrs will have the the gun and our youngest lol...it has a sling too...i can hit a tin can at 25 yards 9/10 times, and a 2 litre pop bottle at 40 in a breeze so deffo worth the awkward carry..

The bag is designed for 48 hours anywhere any weather and longterm stay if there is a food source...
Yes we are bug outers (only because our home isnt secure)
We have 3 places to go depending onn the situation that arises.
I'm not sure having weapons as part of your BOB makes sense, unless you're only prepping for zombie hordes or the collapse of civilisation. What if you need to grab it for other reasons, as others have said, some bits of it might get you into trouble, especially if you end up in a local gym for the night. I'd leave weapons out for now, if it comes down to the time when you'll need them I suspect you'll have a good heads up.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

Deeps wrote:I'd leave weapons out for now, if it comes down to the time when you'll need them I suspect you'll have a good heads up.
Well said, I get lost in the logistics from a point of view that we could be caught away from home with things like that, and have to get back somehow, WROL bug out open carrying anything projectile firing is not really on my radar, my crossbow from where I leave it at the club to where I fire it using the sling just doesn't hang right or comfortably unlike a rifle on a sling, I'd go as far as to say the crossbow behaves like it's being kidnapped and puts up a fight :lol:
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
sethorly

Post by sethorly »

Do you have somewhere to bug out to? Have you tried sleeping there in a 3 season sleeping bag using this kit? Has your family?
=======
Plymton wrote:Klingon ass scratcher
=======
Area 8
=======
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

sethorly wrote:Do you have somewhere to bug out to? Have you tried sleeping there in a 3 season sleeping bag using this kit? Has your family?
The family dynamic does put a different twist on things, especially kids that are so young they need to be carried. Bugging out wouldn't be my first choice, or second, or third for that matter. Oh, or fourth. Everyone's situation is different but while I can understand having weapons (they're handy things for a number of reasons) I'm not sure of the logic of having them in a grab bag over stuff for the young kids. Tossing young kids into the mix makes going the cinema tricky never mind the more 'complicated' stuff.