Planning Permission

Homes and Retreats
Partimehero

Re: Planning Permission

Post by Partimehero »

PreppingPingu wrote:One word of caution that occurred to me when watching sky news yesterday: They were talking about the amount of people growing wacky backy, secret growing facilities and undercover journalism etc etc. Now one of the sites filmed was an underground bunker, the chap filmed was wearing a gas mask to hide his identity (but its the fact he owned one here,) they had ventilation pipes, they had lots of containers of water ... sound vaguely familiar anyone? Just thought to bear in mind if you are being covert about your preps and into bunker building, if someone gets a wiff, they may shop you to your local drug enforcement fearing you are growing marijuana! :lol:
Thanks for the heads up. I read something about this and it certainly raised my eyebrows. The people you're on about are cunning, manipulative and good at what they do. Whether it's in a loft, spare bedroom or a bunker, they'll still cultivate the gear!

Let's not let them spoil it for us :)
In the long run, the greatest weapon of mass destruction is stupidity

http://blueprintsaferooms.co.uk
mallie99

Post by mallie99 »

PreppingPingu wrote:One word of caution that occurred to me when watching sky news yesterday: They were talking about the amount of people growing wacky backy, secret growing facilities and undercover journalism etc etc. Now one of the sites filmed was an underground bunker, the chap filmed was wearing a gas mask to hide his identity (but its the fact he owned one here,) they had ventilation pipes, they had lots of containers of water ... sound vaguely familiar anyone? Just thought to bear in mind if you are being covert about your preps and into bunker building, if someone gets a wiff, they may shop you to your local drug enforcement fearing you are growing marijuana! :lol:
All very true, underground bunkers are great for hydroponics as the dirt can hide a lot of the heat from the lamps. Not that I know anything about that from direct experience.

What I DO know from indirect experience is that a police raid on the house can be very funny so long as they don't actually take the doors down in the process. Friend at work had his house raided because of the heat identified from his aquarium collection. The police are people just like everyone, MOST of them will see the funny side and have a good old natter about what it is you're doing and even offer advice.

But because I'm that kind of person I'd find that really funny! (If you're not that kind of person, you probably wouldn't find that funny!)
Entirely certain that nothing is certain

Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

mallie99 wrote:
All very true, underground bunkers are great for hydroponics as the dirt can hide a lot of the heat from the lamps. Not that I know anything about that from direct experience.

What I DO know from indirect experience is that a police raid on the house can be very funny so long as they don't actually take the doors down in the process. Friend at work had his house raided because of the heat identified from his aquarium collection. The police are people just like everyone, MOST of them will see the funny side and have a good old natter about what it is you're doing and even offer advice.

But because I'm that kind of person I'd find that really funny! (If you're not that kind of person, you probably wouldn't find that funny!)
WTF, who ever organised that raid should be sacked, the intelligence was obviously incomplete, you do not just raid some where on a heat signature or an electric bill, one would normally use surveillance methods to verify activity.
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.