pseudonym

Re: Lessons Learned?

Post by pseudonym »

bulldogeagle wrote:
pseudonym wrote:
Yep, and me bugging out now involves a Camp bed and a stove in the tent :lol:
you've forgotten the mattress for the camp bed :lol:
I have built in padding :lol:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

pseudonym wrote:
I have built in padding :lol:
yeah, me too :lol:
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Great input, thanks everybody so far.
buttystella

Post by buttystella »

just how few preppers there are in the UK. Always realised there were a lot of nutters in the world but didn't expect a prepping site to be able to define them so easily.
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

That I will never be ready or have everything I need...
Meyou

Post by Meyou »

Every six months or so, I realize how badly prepared I was six months ago... Guaranteed, in six months I'll think back to October and comment "Bloody eck, I was unprepared back then..."

How unprepared Britain is for any sort of major SHTF... Not that the rest care, they're too busy with eastenders! And thats the first thing they'll probably complain about if/when it does happen...
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

thats if they even notice! as long as the power is on and they can watch Xfactor and Big Brother i dont expect they will even know anything is happening.
jansman

Post by jansman »

hobo wrote:
smileyt wrote:How much we take for granted. How lucky we are in this country for many things, like clean running water etc. How dependent we are on electricity.
We're in the second year of our very own family 'energy descent plan'. Not just that we're short of cash anyway (!) but we really do believe we'll be forced in the near future to using less .... so we're preparing for it. The idea is a Transition Town one, applied to just us. Lots of links online, just google Energy Descent Plan.
I too ,believe that we will have to learn to live with less. We are rapidly moving back to the living standards of the 1970's. This is going to be normal IMO.

We will all retire later on less,stuff costs more,theres now 7 billion people in the world. There are less resources to go round etc. etc.

So what have I learned?We all have to get a mindset that allows us to deal with our now,rapidly changing world. There is no point in chewing about the cost of stuff,no point whinging about retirement age.
My Brother always says to his staff,'give me solutions,not problems'.

We must have the attitude of Victors-not Victims.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.