Lessons Learned?

How are you preparing
bulldogeagle

Re: Lessons Learned?

Post by bulldogeagle »

just how wedded ordinary people are to their technology and they will queue, sometimes for days, to get the latest gadget, yet very few even know how to skin and cook,say, a rabbit if they were given one.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Red Doe wrote:That I now have to take age and health into account, in contrast to past years where I believed I could survive just about anything. ;)
Yep, and me bugging out now involves a Camp bed and a stove in the tent :lol:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

:D All of the above...
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

pseudonym wrote:
Yep, and me bugging out now involves a Camp bed and a stove in the tent :lol:
you've forgotten the mattress for the camp bed :lol:
Selfsufficientwoman

Post by Selfsufficientwoman »

How important it is and how hard it can be. Also how dependent we are on the system
smileyt

Post by smileyt »

How much we take for granted. How lucky we are in this country for many things, like clean running water etc. How dependent we are on electricity.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Wow, some good ones there. We are so lucky to have this forum and all the pooled knowledge eh? We are learning !! :mrgreen:
hobo

Post by hobo »

smileyt wrote:How much we take for granted. How lucky we are in this country for many things, like clean running water etc. How dependent we are on electricity.
We're in the second year of our very own family 'energy descent plan'. Not just that we're short of cash anyway (!) but we really do believe we'll be forced in the near future to using less .... so we're preparing for it. The idea is a Transition Town one, applied to just us. Lots of links online, just google Energy Descent Plan.
andy prepper

Post by andy prepper »

How much we rely on people we do not know for food, water, energy and health.
Triple_sod

Post by Triple_sod »

By far the most important lesson I’ve learned is that it would be great to have everything, but having something is a million times better than having nothing.