CRISIS!

How are you preparing
diamond lil

Re: CRISIS!

Post by diamond lil »

Is what its all about. Family and sticking together. Lovely!
annieg

Post by annieg »

Great story! Thats what its all about.
We had builders in recently and I now have a giant cupboard, with doors that make it look invisible. The old joiner, Im sure he wouldnt be insulted by me calling him old hes retired and works because he gets under his wifes feet at home. He saw me stacking it and said 'My granny had a cupboard like that'. The plumber on the other hand is a young guy and said, why do you have all that water when you have a big water barell out the front too, building your own swimming pool?' I smiled and said I was. I suppose Ive got enough purification tablets to make it safe for family bathers :lol: - I can remember once not too many years back when there was a minor scale contamination of the local water supply and the supermarket ran out of bottled water.....are everybody elses memorys so short.
Whos to say it couldnt happen again?
Prepping isnt just for the big disasters its about getting through the little ones that life chucks at you too.
scoobie

Post by scoobie »

annieg wrote: Prepping isnt just for the big disasters its about getting through the little ones that life chucks at you too.
So true, and a point often missed by many...
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - Benjamin Franklin
jansman

Post by jansman »

Dead right!On our own domestic scale,in our own little worlds,one man's minor problem is another's disaster.
It's a good feeling to roll with the punches!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Selfsufficientwoman

Post by Selfsufficientwoman »

scoobie wrote:
annieg wrote: Prepping isnt just for the big disasters its about getting through the little ones that life chucks at you too.
That's right - its a very salient point - many people do think prepping is just for a major worldwide
crash but job loss, sickness etc all affect our finances as well - I read a good guide the other day on "Why Store for Emergencies" - which addresses real issues - posted link below

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/WHY-STORE-FOO ... 0025151178
jansman

Post by jansman »

Selfsufficientwoman wrote:
scoobie wrote:
That's right - its a very salient point - many people do think prepping is just for a major worldwide
crash but job loss, sickness etc all affect our finances as well - I read a good guide the other day on "Why Store for Emergencies" - which addresses real issues - posted link below

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/WHY-STORE-FOO ... 0025151178
READ THIS LINK NOW!

Thankyou-says it all.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Selfsufficientwoman

Post by Selfsufficientwoman »

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/WHY-STORE-FOO ... 0025151178[/quote]

READ THIS LINK NOW!

Thankyou-says it all.[/quote]

No problem - on a somewhat side note - I think preppers need to get really serious about food because regardless of your political preference - there is no help coming from this government or for that matter any government from now on to be honest - they dont have a clue what to do and I can really see a recession (which as far as I am concerned we are already in) and some households in the situation of a depression - where you cant afford to eat. STOCK UP NOW