new member in coventry

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
gcp1975

new member in coventry

Post by gcp1975 »

Hi all,

just thought i would introduce myself , i am interested in prepping after the Nat Geo series Doomsday Preppers !! I agree with about 80 % of the Americans that were on the show ( the other 20 % are defo fruitloops ) that they were prepping for the right reasons.. Not just for wtshtf moments, just in case something bad happens. We all know deep down that the uk is going down the pan and no government from any other nation WOULD help out in OUR time of need so i think we do need to prep to help ourselves.

Nobody in my family thinks we need to do this - BUT i have secretly started putting some "stuff" together - its my shed and its staying mine !!!

I am interested in doing things on the cheap and am not working at the moment due to my wifes illness my projects at the mo is free energy . i have many projects on the go at the mo and i am currently working on a wind generator and also a magnet generator working on the theory of repultion ( think thats how you spell it ) not talking about powering a small village or a house but something small that can be taken anywhere for lighting/charging purposes.

Thanks for such a great site - at least i know i'm not on my own !!!!

Gary
The Ace of Spades

Re: new member in coventry

Post by The Ace of Spades »

Hello, Gary. Welcome to UKP.

Ace. :)
The future belongs to those who prepare.

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

Praemonitus Praemunitus
essgee23

Post by essgee23 »

Hi gary

im just down the road from you, and prepping for similar reasons i expect.

feel free to get in contact... :D
gyxile

Post by gyxile »

Hi Gary,

welcome to the forum , would love to know how you get on making your own wind generator.

My family are half hearted preppers. My wife is big on storing extra food to a limit but i am more for creating a sustainable existence should thing go pear shape.

I am on a budget as well, as with anything small purchases when you can and the stores will soon build up.

ttfn

Nick
tigs

Post by tigs »

welcome to the forum
Ready for Anything

http://autonopedia.org/ if still out try facebook https://www.facebook.com/Autonopedia

Area 8
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Hiiii :mrgreen:
gcp1975

Post by gcp1975 »

WOW thanks for the nice welcome !!!!!

i am currently trying to design and build picogenerators (just go on youtube and search pico wind generator ) these are made from pc / psu fans working or not - so dont throw any away and start stockpiling .. initially i wanted to charge 1 x 1.2v rechargeabkle battery per generator but as the current made is not enough i am currently designing a bank of these !!!!!!!! poundland / poundworld is a great and cheap way of buying rechargable batterys and l.e.d. torches for projects such as these ...a lot cheaper than Maplins or e-bay .... pics and plans to follow.. Gary
coventry.kevin

Post by coventry.kevin »

hi am from Coventry just like to know if their preppers clubs in cov ???
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

gcp1975 wrote:WOW thanks for the nice welcome !!!!!

i am currently trying to design and build picogenerators (just go on youtube and search pico wind generator ) these are made from pc / psu fans working or not - so dont throw any away and start stockpiling .. initially i wanted to charge 1 x 1.2v rechargeabkle battery per generator but as the current made is not enough i am currently designing a bank of these !!!!!!!! poundland / poundworld is a great and cheap way of buying rechargable batterys and l.e.d. torches for projects such as these ...a lot cheaper than Maplins or e-bay .... pics and plans to follow.. Gary

Now that IS something I am interested in. If you can out any links in the video database here on UKP especially how to videos then that would be useful and informative. Also if you can video your progress that would be great too.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
Catctus Max

Post by Catctus Max »

gcp1975 wrote:WOW thanks for the nice welcome !!!!!

Sounds very interesting. If you get it to work and get a decent prototype going let me know - I have some good contacts in industry
http://www.the200club.com - Healthy living to your door. Long life health products and supplements, be prepared.