Post by The Watcher »

What I have done to prep today...

Bought a EKA Combi Saw Viking
Bought a set of recovery eyes to fit to the front bumper of my Defender
Arranged to learn Archery and then join a Field Archery Club
Maddie_cat

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by Maddie_cat »

Tested some blueberry wine I made last year. Delighted to say that it had a second fermentation in the bottle so came out as a delicate sparkling wine. Doubt I will be able to repeat it though :tinfoil
I'm in Area 1
Haplo2481

Post by Haplo2481 »

spent the weekend buying spare clothes. I was tidying up and realised how old some of my clothes were getting:) Then what I would do if trade was interrupted and I couldn't get any more socks?
Too many bunnies, not enough pandas.
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

Bought a needle and thread. Its the kind of thing that guys don't normally have. But, its another what if thing.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
animalchin

Post by animalchin »

picked up some bargains from my local flea market ( thursdays in Chesterfield) guy on there selling ex army stuff, seal skinz waterproof gloves and socks £5 each. I can really recommend anyone in trhe local area checking out the market, has loads of cool stuff, knifes, rucksacks etc.Also local £ shop doing fishing gear, got a small set of hooks with line, weights and night lures (mini glows sticks) and a not to shabby catapult all for 2 quid.
junmist

Post by junmist »

found a nice new quite way out of town
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I'm still yearning after the ability to make sparkling blueberry wine, as per Maddie's post above :) but till then:
- picked up my parcel from Landmine Adventures yesterday (love the name!) - emergency two person saw, some lightsticks, a mini torch, and a round the neck thing - compass, tiny signalling mirror, space for waterproof matches, what it *says* is a firesteel but which looks impossible to me, and a whistle - the whistle has a ball in, and I'm very tempted to get a saw and cut it off, as I have 2 whistles already and the thing clatters around like mad.

- walked home from the Post Office a different way, found two shops I didn't know about, a newsagent and a chippy, which *might* be useful in emergency.

- after discussing removeable kickboards on here - haven't done that yet, thats a winter project for me, I think, but I did remember my chest of drawers in a bedroom, which is on a little plinth. So I took the bottom drawer out temporarily, and now its full of 8 litres of water, in half-litre bottles, which means food preps with a best before date can now all go together on top of the wardrobe. Result!

- I wanted to skipdive some old roof tiles to make a path edging, and when I asked permission from the houseowner (he was right there!!!) his wife begged me to take some green beans they'd been growing - their freezer was full to bursting, she said. There might be hope yet for a community effort round here, if TSHTF.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

As ever it's overstocking from the shops, Aldi and Lidl today in my neiboorhood they're 600 yards apart on the same street, Bacon Grill 300g £1.39 a folding saw £3.99 gaffa tape 3M stuff 50mm x50M 2 for £4, and generally need 1 buy 2 or three on stuff which keeps.

Thats shopping for the family, the little bit of personal money we allow ourselves mine goes on survival gadjets or is it man toys?
Last week I got a cocking rope for my Jaguar crossbow, and a spare string and prod ends...so much easier now. :D
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
unsure

Post by unsure »

been practicing my fish catching skills ,
in other words , just got in from a fishing match .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .