Hello from Plymouth

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Plymtom

Hello from Plymouth

Post by Plymtom »

Hi I'm a 51 year old bloke from Plymouth former electrician now a carer for my wife who has CFS, we've been prepping in various ways for many years, given that life can often be a series of minor or not so minor disasters, i knew there were forums for people like us, though being pagan should have tought me that, these things are no where near as mad as one may initially think, I've already learned a few things reading around the forum and happy to be here. :D
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
preppingsu

Re: Hello from Plymouth

Post by preppingsu »

Hello and welcome to the forum :D
junmist

Post by junmist »

Hello Plymtom and welcome lots of usefull info on here :lol:
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome Plymtom! I bet there's a few other pagans on the site as well, its certainly not the mainstream christianity that blasts out from a lot of the American prepping sites ... tinfoil hats to protect from the aliens are most definitely optional on here :tinfoil :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry to hear your wife has CFS. Is she on board with your prepping? There's a thread recently about married life and prepping ...
TwoDo

Post by TwoDo »

Hi and welcome
Ferricks

Post by Ferricks »

hello and welcome!
skippy

Post by skippy »

Hi and welcome to UKP :)

Skippy
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

Cheers all, yes the American preppers are a laugh, there’s one prepping for earth crust displacement, has lots of food preserved in glass jars all sat on head height and above shelving, with nothing to stop it flying off onto the floor in such earthquake inducing circumstances, they also think they will be able to bug out by roads which will have also been struck by quakes.

I'm not doubting the possibility of any of the many doomsday scenarios, indeed so many of them have been proven to have happened before, that keeping options open and preparing for the possibilities and also like Ray Mears would say keeping the skills of bushcraft/survival alive, is our responsibility not our eccentricity :tinfoil
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
tigs

Post by tigs »

hello and welcome
Ready for Anything

http://autonopedia.org/ if still out try facebook https://www.facebook.com/Autonopedia

Area 8
scoobie

Hello from Plymouth

Post by scoobie »

Welcome to the forum from Kent, but I'm originally from Plymouth too! :)
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - Benjamin Franklin