What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

How are you preparing
Frnc

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

Post by Frnc »

Just been tidying up routes, gpx file titles, saving them in Komoot, OS, Mapout and Osmand.
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

Well today is doctors AGAIn pain in the backside but gives us a reason to go out and at the same time we will do a farmfood run and a b and m and may be a couple of others if i can manage it , ,i am sure it will be scooter day but well still takes it out of me .

Other preps are sorting stores at home and trying to arrange a test of the kelly and also my knew trangia woo hoo go me .

I wil lthrow out a question does anyone use the biofuel fire in there house my wife likes the look of them and wanted me to order a smallish one to test what they are like and then see about a new fireplace and one of the biofuel fires
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

steptoe wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:58 am Well today is doctors AGAIn pain in the backside but gives us a reason to go out and at the same time we will do a farmfood run and a b and m and may be a couple of others if i can manage it , ,i am sure it will be scooter day but well still takes it out of me .

Other preps are sorting stores at home and trying to arrange a test of the kelly and also my knew trangia woo hoo go me .

I wil lthrow out a question does anyone use the biofuel fire in there house my wife likes the look of them and wanted me to order a smallish one to test what they are like and then see about a new fireplace and one of the biofuel fires

Bio ethanol fire?

Yes

Only draw back is the cost of fuel but as a back up it works fine
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
GillyBee

Post by GillyBee »

We had a nice little preppers surprise this week. On our regular morning walk we noticed that some neighours had put a large battery out with their rubbish bins. A quick look showed that it was a large capacity AGM battery possibly from the Range Rover on the drive. So it came home with us to add to the solar setup which is still waiting to be completed. Popped on the smart charger for a repair cycle and it has charged up nicely & created a happy Mr GB
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

GillyBee wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:44 pm We had a nice little preppers surprise this week. On our regular morning walk we noticed that some neighours had put a large battery out with their rubbish bins. A quick look showed that it was a large capacity AGM battery possibly from the Range Rover on the drive. So it came home with us to add to the solar setup which is still waiting to be completed. Popped on the smart charger for a repair cycle and it has charged up nicely & created a happy Mr GB
Nice find. I'll bet it will be perfectly functional for your solar. So long as it can hold at 13V, give or take, then put it in parallel. OK unless it slumps to 11V where it would have a cell down.

Get that solar built in time to catch the sun,.... And post some pics :)
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Le Mouse wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:14 pm
Frnc wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:39 pm
I'm on mac. I don't clone it any more I just try to remember to copy anything important to another disc. I do use Time Machine so I suppose I'm covered by that. That's the only app I have that figures out what to update. All my notes and spreadsheets are in iCloud, but I took my documents out of it.
Time Machine is what I use to back my laptop up. And I have multiple copies of important stuff on other media.
I've bought another T7 to use Time Machine on. I do keep some notes in the On My Mac section, not in the cloud. I figured out how to back that up separately, you have to copy a folder ~/Library/Group Containers/group.com.apple.notes. Also figured out how to find it in a Time Machine backup. You have to alt click Go in Finder Menu to show the Library, and then use the Time Machine app, which will shoe the Library for each backup.
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

Frnc wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:27 pm
I've bought another T7 to use Time Machine on. I do keep some notes in the On My Mac section, not in the cloud. I figured out how to back that up separately, you have to copy a folder ~/Library/Group Containers/group.com.apple.notes. Also figured out how to find it in a Time Machine backup. You have to alt click Go in Finder Menu to show the Library, and then use the Time Machine app, which will shoe the Library for each backup.
Good to know :)
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

A pretty big prep this week and last week.....

..... Prepping for when inflation erodes my savings and pension (further than it has already) ....
..... I've been applying for part time jobs, with a view to un-retiring*. As recommended by HM government.

Mr J thinks I'm living in a dream. Let's see. I've yet to persuade him to unretire too.

* Just little part time jobs
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

jennyjj01 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:44 pm A pretty big prep this week and last week.....

..... Prepping for when inflation erodes my savings and pension (further than it has already) ....
..... I've been applying for part time jobs, with a view to un-retiring*. As recommended by HM government.

Mr J thinks I'm living in a dream. Let's see. I've yet to persuade him to unretire too.

* Just little part time jobs
It is a concern. At least we'll get the state pension in a few years. I'm counting down now, got just under 3 years to go. I don't think I could face un-retiring. I have no plans to get rid of the lodgers. If they move out I'll have to get new ones or downsize to a flat.
GillyBee

Post by GillyBee »

Frnc wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:16 am It is a concern. At least we'll get the state pension in a few years. I'm counting down now, got just under 3 years to go. I don't think I could face un-retiring. I have no plans to get rid of the lodgers. If they move out I'll have to get new ones or downsize to a flat.
From the sound of things you haven't actually retired anyway. You just changed career to landlord.