What Preps are you doing this week? Part 9

How are you preparing
diamond lil

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 9

Post by diamond lil »

Walking frame a def no, they would knacker me even more.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

GillyBee wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:40 pm I bought this fishermans stool/bag last year for a festival as I knew I would not be happy standing all day long.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... =UTF8&th=1
It claimed to be rated for heavier weight people which was a concern at the time. Buying again, I get buy the backpack version as having this banging against my hip on a shoulder strap was a nuisance.
It is quite low which could be a problem if you do not find it easy to get up from a chair or the ground.
I got a 3 legged thing similar to that for Download, but after the first night I bought the big folding chair. The stool was too low and I wanted the back support you get from a chair.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

diamond lil wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:37 pm Walking frame a def no, they would knacker me even more.
What I have is similar to this.
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Trespass-Bra ... 01FVMU592/
They are pretty comfortable to sit in. Not compact or ultralight, but can be carried. They go into a tube shape. Only takes 2 seconds to set up or take down. Bag has a shoulder strap.
jansman

Post by jansman »

This week I have rearranged storage in my workshop and our dedicated storage outbuilding ( we call it The Bunker :lol: ) most importantly,my wife can lay her hands on spare batteries,lighting ,cooking etc. far more easily now. Today will be the turn of the pantry.It’s a tip! :oops: It won’t take long,and it will ,again, make access much easier.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

called into bnm today and noticed how much things have gone up,anyway my local one had the 24 cell propergators there reduced from £3.00 to 50p so all 6 they had on the shelf went into the trolly ready for next year and picked up another power bank
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Ooh, Rusty, thats very good.

I've found a recipe adaptation for flapjacks: I'm out of butter, because the paper covering it was wrecked during the delivery, but I have **loads** of veg oil. And loads of oats, obvs :mrgreen:
Zedsdead

Post by Zedsdead »

Due to work and family commitments and generally just being in a very busy period of life my prepping has become a little less organised than I would like. I need to get things in order!
jansman

Post by jansman »

We have been ‘localising’ our lives since 2020. The businesses that supported us locally back then, we have continued to support them since. It has paid off.

Recently we have had a new neighbour. We now have two good neighbours for the first time in 30 odd years! Yesterday she gave Mrs J some LED ‘party’ lights for our Summer house. Mrs J offered replacement batteries. Our neighbour said “ take this pack of 24 batteries, my son gets issued hundreds in his army regiment”.

This afternoon our new neighbour had to go out in an emergency. She has a dog. She couldn’t take it with her. She was worried about heat/ toilet etc. and she asked if she could leave the back door open whilst out. We live in terraced farm cottages, and we can access their yard. It’s secure. I said yes. No problem, as Mrs J and me were in the back room- which is very cool- watching Netflix, and we could watch the dog easily! :lol:

This evening she knocked the door and gave us a bottle of ‘doggy sitting wine’! Lovely. In fairness, she isn’t buying salad or tomatoes right now.

It’s good.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Kiwififer

Post by Kiwififer »

It’s great having neighbours like that.

I occasionally watch the neighbour’s GSD, I’m fact I’m doing it tomorrow at lunchtime as they are both working. He’s a young, strong and bouncy dog and will pull you off your feet if you are not careful!

Anyhow, my neighbour’s sister and brother in law have a coffee import business from Honduras, they are based down in Morpeth and we’re on Dragon’s Den a couple of months ago (shameless plug for them!) and I get free coffee from my neighbour every so often!

It’s very good coffee as well!
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

jansman wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:17 pm

Recently we have had a new neighbour. We now have two good neighbours for the first time in 30 odd years!
About time, I remember you've had some absolute shockers
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar