What Preps are you doing this week? Part 8.

How are you preparing
Yorkshire Andy

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 8.

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Jerseyspud wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:33 pm Well today the camping stove came out and my camping kettle. We had our school walk and it's poured down here. So colleagues gazebo went up and the camping stove came out so we all had several cups of tea to keep warm
Treated myself to this the other night

https://www.offerscheck.co.uk/lidl/camp ... stove-9vtc
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Jerseyspud

Post by Jerseyspud »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:10 pm
Jerseyspud wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:33 pm Well today the camping stove came out and my camping kettle. We had our school walk and it's poured down here. So colleagues gazebo went up and the camping stove came out so we all had several cups of tea to keep warm
That's nice!

This was mine
Treated myself to this the other night

https://www.offerscheck.co.uk/lidl/camp ... stove-9vtc
when it comes to catastrophic events, we never know when the day before is the day before. So we prepare for tomorrow

Prepping on a small island
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

jansman wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:02 am
Jerseyspud wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:01 pm I have 2000 tea bags

I think I need more
:lol: There is no such thing as too many tea bags!
And some sort of milk product? I have a massive supply of Nido, but I reckon it wouldn't last long when I start to use it. Uses a lot of powder to make a litre.

I guess, I should crack a tin open to see how it's keeping.

As a forethought. Maybe get some Earl Grey tea and bottles of lemon juice, as a milk alternative?

Confession time: Another rotation failure:-

Tried some of my UHT stash, which didn't get rotated, expired March after a long life sat there. It was definitely degraded and barely usable :( Not so much sour, hard to describe how it tasted wrong. Just wrong) Slinging some dozen or so litres. Sorry Humanity :(
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jennyjj01 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:45 pm
Jerseyspud wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:01 pm I have 2000 tea bags

I think I need more
And some sort of milk product? I have a massive supply of Nido, but I reckon it wouldn't last long when I start to use it. Uses a lot of powder to make a litre.

As a forethought. Maybe get some Earl Grey tea and bottles of lemon juice, as a milk alternative?

Tried some of my UHT stash, which didn't get rotated, expired March after a long life sat there. It was definitely degraded and barely usable :( Not so much sour, hard to describe how it tasted wrong. Just wrong) Slinging some dozen or so litres. Sorry Humanity :(

I just drink My tea black saves any arguments at work over who's turn it is to buy the milk :tinfoil

Jerseyspud

Post by Jerseyspud »

I have alot of tins of milk powder, some tea mate and uht which gets rotated regularly

I can't drink Earl Grey its vile
when it comes to catastrophic events, we never know when the day before is the day before. So we prepare for tomorrow

Prepping on a small island
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

I bought some of those cheap dehumidifier tubs today. The old bit of this house (1856 according to the plate under the roof) seems to be a bit damp. I have asthma and damp affects it, so I need to see if these tubs will help now before the winter weather starts. If they don't, I might have to investigate buying a proper electric dehumidifier job. I bought a small hygrometer for my bedroom earlier in the week as that's the place where if there's damp, I'll be affected most. Even in sunny weather, it seems to be borderline damp in there - about 60-65% humidity.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:09 pm
jennyjj01 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:45 pm

I just drink My tea black saves any arguments at work over who's turn it is to buy the milk :tinfoil
Milk ain’t a problem here either. My wife is lactose intolerant, and I use a pint a week to colour my very strong tea. If we don’t have it in, I drink black like you. Makes it one thing less to be bothered about.

I too, have found that UHT milk doesn’t last long past it’s use by. Turns to a manky kind of yoghurt!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

The stabby jabby bus rolled into town yesterday... My second jab wasn't due whilst mid August ......

Tried my luck since there was NO ONE in the bus or queuing about an hour before they were due to leave...

Had Me card with me .. straight In paperwork checked and jabbed up apparently it's changed again anything more than 3 weeks you can grab tye second dose at walk in .....

Feel like crap today tho

jansman

Post by jansman »

Le Mouse wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:50 pm I bought some of those cheap dehumidifier tubs today. The old bit of this house (1856 according to the plate under the roof) seems to be a bit damp. I have asthma and damp affects it, so I need to see if these tubs will help now before the winter weather starts. If they don't, I might have to investigate buying a proper electric dehumidifier job. I bought a small hygrometer for my bedroom earlier in the week as that's the place where if there's damp, I'll be affected most. Even in sunny weather, it seems to be borderline damp in there - about 60-65% humidity.
We save margarine containers,and use this: https://www.screwfix.com/p/kontrol-crys ... -5kg/4896h. When they fill up,put the lid on that you stood the tub on,and remove. The toxic liquid it leaves behind makes an excellent weed killer too!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

jansman wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:52 pm We save margarine containers,and use this: https://www.screwfix.com/p/kontrol-crys ... -5kg/4896h. When they fill up,put the lid on that you stood the tub on,and remove. The toxic liquid it leaves behind makes an excellent weed killer too!
Good to know on both counts, thanks! :)