What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

How are you preparing
ForgeCorvus

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

Post by ForgeCorvus »

If we're talking water filters, theres also Coldsream https://www.coldstreamfilters.com/gravi ... cba1185463.

I work for the company that supplies the plastic bits, but I don't get anything from them
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
cbp125

Post by cbp125 »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 2:59 pm If we're talking water filters, theres also Coldsream https://www.coldstreamfilters.com/gravi ... cba1185463.

I work for the company that supplies the plastic bits, but I don't get anything from them
They look identical to the ones I was talking about however I couldn't find the link from ebay. I used another as an example but these are very good!

Ps the plastic bits are also very good, eg the threads are not as delicate as Berkley filters which I found were easy to over tighten.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

I'm still considering the lifesaver Jerry can
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

called at home bargins today to pick a few extra bits n bobs up and bought 4 Nitelite Ultra Bright COB LED Collapsible Lantern at £3.99 each came with cheap batteries as well just tried them out and for the price seem ok for extra back up lighting
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

diamond lil wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 8:20 am Stonecarver I have never even heard of freeze dryers. Can you tell me about them? That sounds an excellent idea.
https://harvestright.com/
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

jennyjj01 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 8:42 am
Stonecarver wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 9:46 pm Once things calm down I will be ordering a freeze dryer.... Just took delivery of 40 20l buckets. Will be filling every single one.
Freeze dryer sounds Intriguing.So. Expensive! I too am building up reserves in multiple formats.
But WOW. Where are you going to stash 40 full 20L buckets of food? (I ask, because I look forward to raiding you when my couple of year's worth runs out :) :) :) )
Where there is a will there is a way :) Or throw my oldest son out of his room and into a shed in the garden and tell him that is his man cave 8-)
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:10 pm I'm still considering the lifesaver Jerry can
I have two of the old lifesaver bottles that were recalled due to not working. These were issued to frontline trrops in Iraq and Afghanistan. I know the company went bankrupt and was bought out and the problem resolved but.......... :cry: :evil:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Isn't the Lifesaver filter the one that you have to keep wet once you've used it ?
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
OperationPrep

Post by OperationPrep »

This past month has all about financially prepping - rebudgeting, getting finances in order and reminding myself that London rent is oh so expensive.
preppergb

Post by preppergb »

So today I'm trawling the interweb looking for more useful infographics, charts, and how-to's for my prep files, I like to collect useful images of assorted stuff such as Edible Plant Recognition, How to Connect up Solar Power Systems, How to make DIY water filters, How to plan a recce mission, Stockpile list (food, tools etc) Maps assorted such as road, rail, canal, pylon , cycleways, Kit lists, equipment schematics etc. I keep them on my PC and on data sticks in each GHB / BOB.