Old books

Read something good? Written something good? Link it, or copy it here!
Chef

Old books

Post by Chef »

I have an old set of books called Handyman in the Home - 3 vols, published by Caxton, in one of my many boxes of books, I'm not sure what date they are but I got them when I was a kid and have had em ever since, they detail everything from making your own paint to building a dinghy, brilliant set of books covering alot of old skills, from the days when make do and mend was the only option.

I actually found a set of the same books, (different covers mine are black) for what I consider to be a bargain price. £16.50 for the set. :o

http://www.oldtools.co.uk/tools/Home_DIY_Books.html

They really are great books if you want to learn some of the old skills our granfathers had, worth looking out for in old book stores or on the net. :)

I also have about 150 cookbooks, not that they'll be much use if TSHTF won't be able to get half the ingredients lol. :lol:

I've got so many books I'd never be able to BO with them but books will be another valuable asset post whatever, some of the older medical volumes I have show how to treat injuries without all the modern gizmos that might not be available too, also useful stuff to know imho. :)

Edit - I found my set further down the page at £22.00, gives a bit more of a description of the contents. :)

The Handyman in the Home (3 Volumes) Ref: BK307

C