bushcraft knife

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
urban fox

bushcraft knife

Post by urban fox »

Dont know if ive posted this in the right section.. but!! I recently bought a diy woodlore style knife kit..
to buy the knife itself ready made would have cost me just short of £200!!! but I bought the kit and put it all together myself!!! I am not a wood and metal worker and this was my first attempt at self making such an important tool but following a tutorial I did everything to the letter... I am so pleased with myself... its an absolute corker!!! the blade is o1 tool steel and the handle has red liners next to the tang, then white liners and finished in burr elm!!! sealed with danish oil... and the hardest part was the sheath!!! 3 mill thick saddle leather!!! had to drill the stitching holes with a dremmel and needle drill bit...
dont know how to post a photo of it but just cant emphasise how proud of it I am!!!
its a project I would recommend to anyone.
its hard to explain the feeling of using such a tool which you have made yourself...
has anyone else made their own???
preppingsu

Re: bushcraft knife

Post by preppingsu »

Sounds good. Do you have any pictures to share?
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Well done.

I am always in awe of people that are capable of such things.

I am not so lucky; so bought mine ready made :lol:
Last edited by pseudonym on Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
beefy0978

Post by beefy0978 »

I made a few knives from kits, a long bow and arrows, then an axe or two and have just moved on to my first walking stick with antler crook. I warn you it's very infectious and just sucks you right in. Still the long winter evenings are coming...