Greetings from Lincolnshire

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
tco-lincs

Greetings from Lincolnshire

Post by tco-lincs »

Good afternoon gents & ladies.

A quick introduction to myself (I used to be an infrequent member some years ago and I cannot for the life of me recall what email address I used for logon so a fresh start). I am in my 30's and wife in her 20's.

I am intrigued by the self sustainability of prepping even if I don't lean towards to "end of days scenarios", and my wife is somewhat undecided between my thoughts being realistic or more likely based in Hollywood.....

We live in a fairly rural environment currently and plan in the coming year or two to move to an even more remote location (mainly because we are anti-social and just don't like other people or village life :lol: ).

Given the time scale on moving I am tempted to have a play about at some point with creating my own micro hydro power as we currently have stream running alongside the property.

Prep wise we currently have maybe 2 months of tinned food.
In addition I have basic water filtering, hazmat suits and medical grade masks.
I have a safe bug out location with restricted access, plenty of water run off, toilets, firewood and an on-site generator.

Anyway I'll not go on too long as I'll have nothing to post about elsewhere!
Deeps

Re: Greetings from Lincolnshire

Post by Deeps »

Welcome back to the forum, sounds like you know what works for you guys.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome back, tco! The prospect of micro hydro *and* an onsite generator. I have hydro envy :lol:

Sustainability is the thing, isn't it - certainly doesn't need to be "end of days" to like that concept. Carry on posting :D
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome back to the fold. :D
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.