Mini SHTF equipment

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
NOMAD

Mini SHTF equipment

Post by NOMAD »

Hello guys and gals,

Just thought I would pass on a few things from a recent expedition (beginning of the year) with a group that I and another instructor were leading.

We were walking up a ridge when one of the party took a tumble and badly damaged her ankle, wrist and back (She's fine now) but we couldn't evac her with the equipment that we had without causing her to much discomfort. (We'd usually stabilise an injury with and help walk them out if possible). So instead we stabilised what we could with the emergency supplies that we had on us, after 30 mins it was obvious that we weren't going to get out as we had planned. So we rang out to the emergency services and Mountain rescue, they were mobilised and were on site within a few hours.

However it had begun to get dark but fear not! We were prepared!

This little beauty https://www.lifesystems.co.uk/products/ ... ncy-strobe
Is definitely worth the money that it costs.
Within a few hours we had everything dealt with and were back at the base camp.

It just goes to show that being prepared can easily make your life a lot easier. and it doesn't have to mean that the world will have to end for it to become and emergency.

Has there ever been a time when you have had to use some equipment you had, for you're own slight disaster.

Note- I have no affiliations with the above company and Simply just use there equipment.

Sam

No trees were destroyed sending this post, however a few electrons were slightly inconvenienced. (Via Tapatalk)
Last edited by NOMAD on Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ForgeCorvus

Re: Mini SHTF equipment

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Be sure to post a review ;)

A quick crunch of the numbers shows its less then five inches long and weighs just over two ounces, or a little longer then my phone and slightly lighter.

Sometimes you just need be seen.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

I Carry a military spec strobe when mountain biking..

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Army-Military-S ... nav=SEARCH

Biggest pain is the switch on most this stuff be it a torch strobe or other battery powered device getting switched on by accident and flattening the batterys
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

I got one in my BOB (left over from way back) Going back to the 1980s I was one who had to find someone actually using one of those, he was down in trees, supprisingly easy to spot even then, it lit up the tree tops around him and I could see the flashes from about 2 miles away, if he'd been in the open it would have been a lot further.
NOMAD

Mini SHTF equipment

Post by NOMAD »

ForgeCorvus wrote:Be sure to post a review ;)

A quick crunch of the numbers shows its less then five inches long and weighs just over two ounces, or a little longer then my phone and slightly lighter.

Sometimes you just need be seen.

I Will try my best to get a review of it up when I get a few minuets and a strong enough Wifi signal to upload some images.

No trees were destroyed sending this post, however a few electrons were slightly inconvenienced. (Via Tapatalk)