BOV add on MUST!

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Survivalist85

BOV add on MUST!

Post by Survivalist85 »

What a great idea from Mercedes. Now to borrow it and add it to the Land Rover and we have the ultimate BOV!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiuuRXG6z0E
Survivalist

Better To Have & Not Need Than To Need & Not Have!
Plymtom

Re: BOV add on MUST!

Post by Plymtom »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Smoke and mirrors, it only works from a narrow angle of course, the trick with this sort of technology would be to work out where your observer was and project the correct view even as you were moving... still falls down if two people ten feet apart are looking, brilliant ad though but as viable as Harry Potter's cloak :lol:
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.

Post by 90. »

Darpa covered a bradly FV with "display" tiles in a similar way about 5yrs ago, and it was very effective almost invisible in all natural surroundings.
However it was however less impressive in the urban area where the perception of straight lines is easier to detect & it was also easy to render useless with gunfire.

The article went on to say the ideal candidate for stealth tiles were aircraft & given the amount of drones being used...! I was looking for the video to add to this post but it don't seem to be available on line. it was titled "bradly FV with adaptive camouflage".

now where's that roll of foil i feel a shiny bowler coming on.. :tinfoil

regards
Survivalist85

Post by Survivalist85 »

I know the US military were working on uniforms that could render the soldier "invisible" at short distances but iv never seen it done on a car. Great bit of research though. Possible for a tunnel entrance maybe?
Survivalist

Better To Have & Not Need Than To Need & Not Have!
DundeePrepper

Post by DundeePrepper »

This is all a bit Warner Bros...
Wylie coyote paints a tunnel and roadrunner runs though it...
Newbie Prepper
The ability to foresee is not reserved for Psychics and Lunatics. The mind is predisposed to see the future from its own past.
- Unknown Author