Rabbit Burgers

Got a tasty recipe? Novel way to use ketchup? Put it in here..
metatron

Re: Rabbit Burgers

Post by metatron »

I eat a lot of rabbit, I've not noticed the smell. This year I also made this burger with squirrel its a little sweeter, but you need to trap a lot of squirrels I used 34.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

metatron wrote:I eat a lot of rabbit, I've not noticed the smell. This year I also made this burger with squirrel its a little sweeter, but you need to trap a lot of squirrels I used 34.

You need to be careful with squirrel......

they may contain nuts.... :mrgreen:

I'll get my coat :lol:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
firepower

Rabbit Burgers

Post by firepower »

pseudonym wrote:
metatron wrote:I eat a lot of rabbit, I've not noticed the smell. This year I also made this burger with squirrel its a little sweeter, but you need to trap a lot of squirrels I used 34.

Brilliant.

ATB
Mick
dizzydays

Post by dizzydays »

I hate the smell too....it's a case of get it in the slow cooker as fast as possible. It puts me off eating it (I cook for the dog) but if TSHTF I'd manage it :D

DD
Jon G

Post by Jon G »

Slight deviation and shoot me down if I've got my facts wrong, but have I read somewhere that you can eat yourself to death on rabbit? Although it may fill you up, there is little nutritional value? PS, dont ask me where I saw that... probably on t'internet somewhere :shock:
Area 12 - South Wales
'Hope for the best, plan for the worst'
gary5wift

Post by gary5wift »

Hi Jon G

You are right, if you eat nothing but rabbit then you will eventually die of malnutrition. Rabbit is almost 100% protein, you also need fat, carbs and other vitamins/minerals etc. Eat rabbit with a few veg and youll be fine. :D

Lots of the early trappers/mountain men in Canada died of malnutrition because they lived almost exclusively on rabbit
Jon G

Post by Jon G »

Thats worth knowing. Thanks for that!
Area 12 - South Wales
'Hope for the best, plan for the worst'
Vespa

Post by Vespa »

If TSHTF then bag your self a duck or goose as well as rabbit, and eat the fat. It's good for you. :shock:
Plantiejo

Post by Plantiejo »

Interesting internet searching....I was searching for further info on the nutritional make up of rabbit and almost all the results returned were how to feed your pet rabbits the correct nutritionally balanced diet! Not quite what I had in mind.
Everyone has skills...share your skills....keep them alive. :)

AREA 1
st3vi3

Post by st3vi3 »

firepower wrote:
pseudonym wrote:

Brilliant.

ATB
Mick

I lol at this while having a drink... Thanx. Aw walked in to that A*