Dehydrating questions

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
Deeps

Re: Dehydrating questions

Post by Deeps »

That vit C powder sounds intriguing, is there 'science' to support its effect ????
Jillybean

Post by Jillybean »

Deeps wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:46 am That vit C powder sounds intriguing, is there 'science' to support its effect ????
Nope, well I don't think so. There are lots of Pinterest pins on dehydrated orange peel and benefits of it, I'm not sure if it's true or not. There are also lots on fruit gummies. My thoughts were fresh oranges made into a delicious sweet might encourage those of my family that don't eat enough fruit to get some extras. I did look at vitamin C powder, but It's out of my budget for now. Put it this way, it may or may not be of benifit, but It's got to be better than Haribo. But I might look into it.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Jillybean wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:04 pm
Deeps wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:46 am That vit C powder sounds intriguing, is there 'science' to support its effect ????
Nope, well I don't think so. There are lots of Pinterest pins on dehydrated orange peel and benefits of it, I'm not sure if it's true or not. There are also lots on fruit gummies. My thoughts were fresh oranges made into a delicious sweet might encourage those of my family that don't eat enough fruit to get some extras. I did look at vitamin C powder, but It's out of my budget for now. Put it this way, it may or may not be of benifit, but It's got to be better than Haribo. But I might look into it.
Cheers for getting back to me, I'll have a nose myself (and run it past my scientist wife), if its a goer then its potentially quite handy.