Brexit in October?

How are you preparing
grenfell

Re: Brexit in October?

Post by grenfell »

Read that elsewhere too . One i five have spent £380 and 800,000 have spent over £1000 , allegedly. Whether it's right or not the flip side of that is four out of five have made little or no preparations . Funnily enough i was talking about this with some friends and family over the weekend. They all seem to be in the latter camp and argue that there's no need , the food will go to waste or that the savings will be negligible. The strange ones are the ones who truly believe that brexit will be a total disaster , how it will harm the economy and people's lives andyet are taking no action to mitigate the potential upset.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

grenfell wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:43 am Read that elsewhere too . One i five have spent £380 and 800,000 have spent over £1000 , allegedly. Whether it's right or not the flip side of that is four out of five have made little or no preparations . Funnily enough i was talking about this with some friends and family over the weekend. They all seem to be in the latter camp and argue that there's no need , the food will go to waste or that the savings will be negligible. The strange ones are the ones who truly believe that brexit will be a total disaster , how it will harm the economy and people's lives andyet are taking no action to mitigate the potential upset.
I've had similar conversations where they're saying Brexit is the worst thing EVAH ! and we're all doomed blah blah blah but haven't done a single thing to mitigate this imminent disaster.

I'm sure some just enjoy having something to moan about to be honest, while assuming that it will be alright in the end. The main thing being the moaning though.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Deeps wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:43 am I'm sure some just enjoy having something to moan about to be honest, while assuming that it will be alright in the end. The main thing being the moaning though.
Oh i didn't realise you knew my sister in law :D
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

grenfell wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:36 pm
Deeps wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:43 am I'm sure some just enjoy having something to moan about to be honest, while assuming that it will be alright in the end. The main thing being the moaning though.
Oh i didn't realise you knew my sister in law :D
:lol: Sadly, she's not the only one. While I've not made a big song and dance, when the 'end of the world as we know it' comes up I'll ask what they're doing to mitigate against it and invariably.... not a thing. I know I'm starting from the opposite end of the spectrum on it but I'm baffled that a scenario that they themselves predict doesn't inspire 'something'. Apart from the moaning of course and suggesting that anyone who didn't vote the same way they did 'didn't know what they were voting for'. :lol:

I'm developing a very low opinion of people sadly.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Had a meeting with my boss today. We were discussing ( again) Stockpiling certain items to last at least a month. Yesterday we had a visit from one of my wife’s oldest friends. She is a regular BBC TV presenter on political programmes. She told us that they have seen government e mails that confirm a No Deal is a dead cert. She is a journalist though...

Whatever the politics, it is looking likely, so we keep stocked up. We are not going mad, but you’d be mad not to!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Thanks jansman, thats ... good .... to know. I've been looking at my storecupboard recently, and I've run it down more than I expected. Got my first delivery to rectify that on Wednesday, and I'm plumping it up a bit too, later in the week. Definite stockpiling going on again around me.
jansman

Post by jansman »

I am not stressing Arzosah.Back at the beginning of the year,when the first deadline approached,I really went for it.Then we had daughter and partner who ate like a plague of locusts! Now it us two middle aged folks.We have a pantry and garden sufficient for two.And LOTS of tea! That is one thing I will make a point of OVERstocking! :lol: :lol:

Robert Frost.

Me.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

I saw an item on MSM (BBC?) yesterday saying that HRT meds are going to be in short supply due to Brexit:shock: :shock: :shock:

Please God no! Anything but that. Mrs A off her HRT meds puts my prepping into a whole new catagory. Need to rethink everything.

(Just kiddin though, shes really not that bad and she has authorized this post) :lol:
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:24 amshe has authorized this post) :lol:
You're a lucky man!
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:24 am I saw an item on MSM (BBC?) yesterday saying that HRT meds are going to be in short supply due to Brexit:shock: :shock: :shock:

Please God no! Anything but that. Mrs A off her HRT meds puts my prepping into a whole new catagory. Need to rethink everything.

(Just kiddin though, shes really not that bad and she has authorized this post) :lol:
My dear lady has done the menopause with ZERO intervention.She saw this and commented that there will be some suffering! As she put it,we are old school, "get on with it"Tough lady.As she said,the drugs only delay the inevitable.What a woman!

Robert Frost.

Me.