Afternoon!

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Starkeychick333

Afternoon!

Post by Starkeychick333 »

I am a single mum, with a 7yr old daughter. Background in the outdoors, so feel that I have a good grounding in basic survival, but aware there is ALWAYS more to learn (I am a teacher too!).

I am so concerned at the way the world seems to be unravelling at the moment - just feel like 'it's' coming! Hope I have not left it too late to start stockpiling food and resources!
pseudonym

Re: Afternoon!

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Welcome, its never too late to start, you just need to figure what your personal priorities are and work towards addressing them. You have to bare in mind you'll be unlikely to cover everything so just do what you can.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum, starkeychick :) I can understand the feeling of "it might be too late", but honestly unless an asteroid lands on our heads this afternoon, you'll be fine. Do exactly what Deeps mentioned - work out what your priorities are, work out the easiest and quickest steps to take at first, then take it from there.

Though I do there are three things that are of immediate importance to anyone in the UK. A bit of a store of water, in case of a water main break (20 litres gives you breathing space, thats all, though more is always better). A grab bag for you and your daughter, if you had to leave the house in a hurry - foundations undermined with floodwater, hostage situation at the local shop, chemical leak because of a traffic accident, could be anything. And a couple of torches :)
Starkeychick333

Post by Starkeychick333 »

Thanks all, for the welcome - appreciated. Have done so much reading over the weekend and had much to think about. Your advice is taken on board!

Got my first stash of cans from Aldi and started! Can see a new obsession with shelf life looming!