Suggestions

Read something good? Written something good? Link it, or copy it here!
Proverbs2712
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:27 pm

Suggestions

Post by Proverbs2712 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:40 pm

Hi all, it may have been asked before, apologies. Can anyone give me literature suggestions for UK based prepping/eotwawki novels please. I would rather more realistic story lines- not zombie/aliens etc. My imagination may stretch to EMP though.

jansman
Posts: 7055
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Suggestions

Post by jansman » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:47 pm

The Death Of Grass by John Christopher.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Arzosah
Posts: 3996
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Suggestions

Post by Arzosah » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:07 pm

Snow by Ryan Clifford (four books - they tail off rather a lot, but the first two are pretty good).

UK Dark 1 2 and 3.

All the John Wyndham books - Day of the Triffids, The Kraken Wakes, etc. Oldies, but goodies.
My blog (all mended now) www.preparednessfactandfiction.co.uk
There are some Amazon affiliate links in this blog

User avatar
Arwen Thebard
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:31 pm

Re: Suggestions

Post by Arwen Thebard » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:25 pm

Maybe...... "The Knowledge. How to rebuild our world after an apocalypse" Lewis Dartnell

An interesting and [practical?] read.

Just about to start John Lancaster's "The Wall"

Will let you know next week.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"

Ara
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:20 pm

Re: Suggestions

Post by Ara » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:42 pm

Also "A Wrinkle in the Skin" by John Christopher. Another old one ..... takes me back to my youth when I first read it.

User avatar
Deeps
Posts: 5419
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:36 pm

Re: Suggestions

Post by Deeps » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:50 pm

Proverbs2712 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:40 pm
Hi all, it may have been asked before, apologies. Can anyone give me literature suggestions for UK based prepping/eotwawki novels please. I would rather more realistic story lines- not zombie/aliens etc. My imagination may stretch to EMP though.
Pretty sure this fellah is full of stories of assorted woe.

Image
I'll not spoil the ending. ;)

Proverbs2712
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Suggestions

Post by Proverbs2712 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:12 pm

Deeps wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:50 pm
Proverbs2712 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:40 pm
Hi all, it may have been asked before, apologies. Can anyone give me literature suggestions for UK based prepping/eotwawki novels please. I would rather more realistic story lines- not zombie/aliens etc. My imagination may stretch to EMP though.
Pretty sure this fellah is full of stories of assorted woe.

Image
I'll not spoil the ending. ;)
I've read that one. Besides, it is mainly set in the Middle East, I said UK
:lol:

Proverbs2712
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Suggestions

Post by Proverbs2712 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:14 pm

jansman wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:47 pm
The Death Of Grass by John Christopher.
Thanks for that suggestion. I just read the blurb, and it sounds just what I am after.

Stonecarver
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:32 pm
Location: Eastern Scotland

Re: Suggestions

Post by Stonecarver » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:59 pm

Proverbs2712 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:12 pm
Deeps wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:50 pm
Proverbs2712 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:40 pm
Hi all, it may have been asked before, apologies. Can anyone give me literature suggestions for UK based prepping/eotwawki novels please. I would rather more realistic story lines- not zombie/aliens etc. My imagination may stretch to EMP though.
Pretty sure this fellah is full of stories of assorted woe.

Image
I'll not spoil the ending. ;)
I've read that one. Besides, it is mainly set in the Middle East, I said UK
:lol:
Plus IS there an end? Since we are all still here ;)
One sure sign of the decline of a civilisation is the inability to reproduce the technological achievments of its past

User avatar
Deeps
Posts: 5419
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:36 pm

Re: Suggestions

Post by Deeps » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:30 pm

Proverbs2712 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:12 pm
Deeps wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:50 pm
Proverbs2712 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:40 pm
Hi all, it may have been asked before, apologies. Can anyone give me literature suggestions for UK based prepping/eotwawki novels please. I would rather more realistic story lines- not zombie/aliens etc. My imagination may stretch to EMP though.
Pretty sure this fellah is full of stories of assorted woe.

Image
I'll not spoil the ending. ;)
I've read that one. Besides, it is mainly set in the Middle East, I said UK
:lol:
Fair point. :lol:
Plenty scope for a sequel though and if you get in first.... I hear there's money to be made. :)

Post Reply