Geiger counters

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
shocker

Re: Geiger counters

Post by shocker »

Sorry Bram...got carried away again, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa :oops: :oops: :cry:
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Nae probs. :)
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

After a little Google, I found this website

https://www.anythingradioactive.com/

It seems to have a large variety of stock of anything radiological.

Which sells the Smartphone Radiation monitor adaptor for £29.99

http://www.anythingradioactive.com/smart-geiger-FSG01

Turn your Android* Smartphone or iPhone* into a personal radiation monitor with this tiny (10 x 30mm) detector module. All you have to do is pop it into the earphone socket – it is powered by your phone – and you can start taking readings using free apps - see screenshots - from Google Play (for Android phones) or the Apple App Store (iPhone).

The sub-miniature semiconductor sensor inside the Smart Geiger module is sensitive to both Gamma and X-Ray radiation and the apps display measurements in counts per minute (CPM) and microsieverts per hour (uSv/h); it can operate continuously, or take readings over a preset period (3, 5, 10 or 30 minutes). On some models of smartphone there is also the option of an audio output (click) and/or the screen will flash when an event is detected. The information shown by the companion apps also varies according to the make/model of phone and operating system – search Google Play and Apple App Store for ‘Smart Geiger’ for more details.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Pete_59

Post by Pete_59 »

Thanks Brambles
MBJ

Post by MBJ »

Guess no one cares that we've all be exposed to dangerous levels of radiation since the day we were born due to excessive nuclear testing.
Mortblanc

Post by Mortblanc »

MBJ wrote:Guess no one cares that we've all be exposed to dangerous levels of radiation since the day we were born due to excessive nuclear testing.
Yes we are all doomed.

I have only made it to 67 and actually fear that I will live longer than my pension. My mom is only 92. My Dad made it to 80 and died in his sleep. Life expectancy has gone up to 80 for most women in the western world and my children are expected to reach 100.

None of my kids had three eyes or an extra arm and they developed to an adequate intelligence level. The grandchildren seem OK too, got the oldest one going to university next fall.

Yes, we are all doomed!
MBJ

Post by MBJ »

Mortblanc wrote:
MBJ wrote:Guess no one cares that we've all be exposed to dangerous levels of radiation since the day we were born due to excessive nuclear testing.
Yes we are all doomed.

I have only made it to 67 and actually fear that I will live longer than my pension. My mom is only 92. My Dad made it to 80 and died in his sleep. Life expectancy has gone up to 80 for most women in the western world and my children are expected to reach 100.

None of my kids had three eyes or an extra arm and they developed to an adequate intelligence level. The grandchildren seem OK too, got the oldest one going to university next fall.

Yes, we are all doomed!
No need to be so condescending so less of the attitude please.

Yes, life expectancies have gone up but that is to be expected anyway what with the advances in science, modern healthcare, general hygiene, and nutrition.

What you cannot ignore however is the fact that nearly one in 2 people will get Cancer in their life time and that many of those (around 50%) will die.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

MBJ wrote:
Mortblanc wrote:
Yes we are all doomed.

Yes, we are all doomed!
No need to be so condescending so less of the attitude please.

Yes, life expectancies have gone up but that is to be expected anyway what with the advances in science, modern healthcare, general hygiene, and nutrition.

What you cannot ignore however is the fact that nearly one in 2 people will get Cancer in their life time and that many of those (around 50%) will die.
and no need to get so precious. You've put forward your view, its not everybodies. While we like it when we all play nicely and don't call each other names there's nothing wrong with a bit of humour. I take it all the rest of us have to buy into YOUR personal prepping fears then ?

There's a few wee delicate flowers on here at the moment, we're not anyone's personal support group here so other views are allowed.
MBJ

Post by MBJ »

I think there is a difference between putting a view point out there and being openly mocked.

There is a proven link between radiation and cancer. That has been known for years.

It's not a fear, how can it be when there's literally nothing we can do about it.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

MBJ wrote:I think there is a difference between putting a view point out there and being openly mocked.

There is a proven link between radiation and cancer. That has been known for years.

It's not a fear, how can it be when there's literally nothing we can do about it.
Easy tiger, mocking is a bit strong, you have a view and seem to take it personally when someone was sarcastic about it. He gave a counter logic to yours in a form you didn't like, that's life.

Have you considered that the increase in cancer is due to other factors, one being our longevity. My missus works in cancer research (bowel), in a lab, and ken's her onions, they're not looking into anything Christmas Island related, they tend to concentrate on genetics. Like I say, other views on cancer are available, it just depends on where you choose to look.