A UK friendly specific EDC gadget thread!

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Briggs 2.0

Re: A UK friendly specific EDC gadget thread!

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

It's a pry bar, a mini-chisel, a cord cutter, a nail puller, a wire stripper. I gave it a quick try out at the weekend, the cutting edge is very sharp, it feathers up tinder well. Overall, I'm very impressed. It's been added to my EDC.

It came from Dalla Costa Fabio. http://www.coltelleriadallacosta.it/particolari.htm

Off-Grid & Living Outdoors
munchh

Post by munchh »

So its the one called the "P-tool"?

that blade seems to be left handed?
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

That looks nice. I wonder what the legal status is - fixed but not technically a knife.
I love motorcycles like a fat guy loves cake. I also love cake.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

dangerman wrote:That looks nice. I wonder what the legal status is - fixed but not technically a knife.
The law says "Sharp or pointed" so this is a fixed blade knife :(

Ultimately, its up to each individual to decide what they're willing to carry (and take the consequences of that decision)

This is not exactly a 'Chav-magnet' though
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

Please delete accidental multi post
Last edited by NOMAD on Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

Please delete accidental multi post
Last edited by NOMAD on Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

My EDC varies depending on where I am going/What I am doing and some of it does skirt the UK Legal rules.

As I am an outdoor instructor and I don't have one set routine, I have a tiered setup that suits most scenarios.

It goes from the most basic at tier 1 to the more intricate at tier 3.

TIER 1:

- My wallet or ID
- phone.
-Mini kit w/
- minimal first aid
- hygiene
- lighter
- mini pencil and pad
-Resqme (Window punch and webbing cutter)
- Keys

Tier 2:

All in tier 1 plus;
-Small bag (camelbak mule or similar)
-Bigger First aid kit
-Bigger notebook
-Widder selection of pens
-Couple of protein bars
- 2x litre bottles of water
-Multi-tool

Tier 3

As in tier 1&2
-Larger bag ( 30lts)
-Emergency shelter
-Radio (VHF or 2 way)
- Opinel Outdoor no8 knife

Sam

17:58
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

Is the No 8 UK legal carry? I want one. I love my tiny little one, but it's totally impractical and I was told that it was the only one in the range that was ok as a pocket knife.

I also think the Res-Q-Me is an interesting pocket carry item. I was told that my belt punch on my SwissChamp might be good for putting out a window, but would like to see that tested. I've got a load of blag Res-Q-Mes in my car, cost about 99p each. I tried one, worked well, but it only worked a couple of times and gave up. Wonder if the proper branded one works better.
I love motorcycles like a fat guy loves cake. I also love cake.
NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

dangerman wrote:Is the No 8 UK legal carry? I want one. I love my tiny little one, but it's totally impractical and I was told that it was the only one in the range that was ok as a pocket knife.

I also think the Res-Q-Me is an interesting pocket carry item. I was told that my belt punch on my SwissChamp might be good for putting out a window, but would like to see that tested. I've got a load of blag Res-Q-Mes in my car, cost about 99p each. I tried one, worked well, but it only worked a couple of times and gave up. Wonder if the proper branded one works better.

Well I'm not sure how some people would view it as the blade is a little longer than the 3 inch that is uk legal and the blade can lock, however apart from one occasion when I was stopped for carrying it, (In uniform as part of an excursion trip for NCS) I haven't had any other problems.

The res-Q-Me, tbh I haven't tried the breaker on glass but it seems that it is a sturdy quality, I use it mainly for the strap cutter for which it is great. I've used it to affectively slice climbing ropes, cord and webbing. I also use this as an auxiliary strap cutter for my FAKs.
I'd show some pictures but they're on my Keys which are currently AWOL.

No trees were destroyed sending this post, however a few electrons were slightly inconvenienced. (Via Tapatalk)
NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

dangerman wrote:Is the No 8 UK legal carry? I want one. I love my tiny little one, but it's totally impractical and I was told that it was the only one in the range that was ok as a pocket knife.

Well I'm not sure how some people would view it as the blade is a little longer than the 3 inch that is uk legal and the blade can lock, however apart from one occasion when I was stopped for carrying it, (In uniform as part of an excursion trip for NCS) I haven't had any other problems.

ImageImage

The res-Q-Me, tbh I haven't tried the breaker on glass but it seems that it is a sturdy quality, I use it mainly for the strap cutter for which it is great. I've used it to affectively slice climbing ropes, cord and webbing. I also use this as an auxiliary strap cutter for my FAKs.
I'd show some pictures but they're on my Keys which are currently AWOL.

No trees were destroyed sending this post, however a few electrons were slightly inconvenienced. (Via Tapatalk)