What preps are you doing this week? Part 3.

How are you preparing
Yorkshire Andy

Re: What preps are you doing this week? Part 3.

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

pseudonym wrote:Just repaired a small tear and a missing zip on a Softie 12 sleeping system from a Surplus store.

£17.50 all in for a £120 bag Result, :P

Snug pack bag?
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:
pseudonym wrote:Just repaired a small tear and a missing zip on a Softie 12 sleeping system from a Surplus store.

£17.50 all in for a £120 bag Result, :P

Snug pack bag?
Yes,

It fills a niche I had a gap in.

I have had no problems with the temp ratings that some have.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

Planted 20 cherry tom seeds and 20 dwarf French bean seeds, under cover but open to the snow that came down this noon, walked out of shelter and then flat on my arse with seed trays going all over. :cry: Any way, seeds re done, with 15 caulis plugs done and some bell pepper plugs done, ready for when this snow clears off and it warms up. :?: :?: :?:

Mmm, power keeps going off here, this is the second time i have written this out. :lol:
Up in the wet South Lakeland
jansman

Post by jansman »

At 7 am today I had a coal delivery. This will give us enough to last until Spring 2017. ( solid fuel is our primary heating) and next Monday I have a truckload of logs coming. That will give sufficient until Autumn 2017.

I have spent the morning in the greenhouse potting - on tomatoes, cucumbers and aubergine. Got robe careful as it is still very cold, so I am being judicious with the heating ( tight! :lol: ) I am holding off sowing courgettes, corn and squashes because of the cold. They will not take long to catch up.

After lunch I am bottling beer! :D
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

Mmm, i like the sound of 'bottling beer' :lol:

Me too, have seeds and plugs to go outside but too cold as of yet.
Up in the wet South Lakeland
jansman

Post by jansman »

DustyDog wrote:Mmm, i like the sound of 'bottling beer' :lol:

Me too, have seeds and plugs to go outside but too cold as of yet.
Ha ha! :lol: 10 gallons bottled and another 10 brewed. All in all a productive day.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

After a roast chicken dinner yesterday, today I removed the rest of the meat and made my chicken stock, I got 3.5 pints of yummy goodness which I will can up Wednesday, after removing the fat.

Popped to my butchers to pick up the beef bones I ordered on Saturday and will make beef stock tomorrow, will also can up when I do the chicken and add them all to the pantry.

Need to get the rest of the kale on the dehydrator which I will also do tomorrow.

Got a bargain 5kg chicken breasts for £26 on Saturday, butchers bulk order choice of that week and 3.5kg skirt beef for £13 today, this week's bulk order choice. The freezer is full now of good quality meat. Next week's choice is pork, not my favourite meat so will not mind missing that one!
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
MissPrep

Post by MissPrep »

Favourite 'prep' of the year - got out the hot tub!
If the SHTF, it's 1000 litres of chlorinated water sat in the garden, handy for flushing the toilet etc..., if it doesn't, it's just a little bit of bliss every day.
Watched the sun come up soaking in it this morning & felt really lucky to be right where I was.
Normally I'm looking at the woodlands in the distance wishing I was over there.

Also been out checking seedlings in the greenhouse, planting a few more, building a new strawberry bed in my garden as I have better uses for the area where they are & making a shopping list for the jobs I want to get done this summer.
Checked my food stocks & they are looking good, everything now rotated properly, in date & in the right place so I can find everything so feeling very positive right now.
Slazanger

Post by Slazanger »

MissPrep wrote:Favourite 'prep' of the year - got out the hot tub!
If the SHTF, it's 1000 litres of chlorinated water sat in the garden, handy for flushing the toilet etc..., if it doesn't, it's just a little bit of bliss every day.
Watched the sun come up soaking in it this morning & felt really lucky to be right where I was.
Normally I'm looking at the woodlands in the distance wishing I was over there.

Also been out checking seedlings in the greenhouse, planting a few more, building a new strawberry bed in my garden as I have better uses for the area where they are & making a shopping list for the jobs I want to get done this summer.
Checked my food stocks & they are looking good, everything now rotated properly, in date & in the right place so I can find everything so feeling very positive right now.
what hot tub do you have ? the other half has been chuntering on about getting one
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

I've got the laz-e-spa, palm springs , bought it last May and its Been out side since , new filter every week , couple of chlorine tabs each week , make sure they shower off before going in , and no oils , creams allowed.
Got from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00N8P ... ref=plSrch

And if it goes pop I'll buy a new one without blinking .

J
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.