Decathlon sports superstores

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Beatts

Decathlon sports superstores

Post by Beatts »

Anyone been in a Decathlon store?

I was in the Sheffield one today and spent a few quid on some real bargains. You can get a whole host of gear covering every sport / outdoor activity, for much cheaper than regular sports shops.

I bought:

A Really nice looking olive green hammocks for a tenner

Lots of camping nik naks I.e aluminium cups, reflective camp mat, small stove etc

A USB chargeable head torch with 3 strengths of lumens and a red light too. This would be perfect with a solar power charging pad.

Some cheap tee shirts and some rather nice green combat pants for £7.

And last but not least a couple of 33kN carabiners for a fiver a piece.

I could have spent a fortune to be honest.

Re: Decathlon sports superstores

Post by 90. »

Decathalon is a real favourite with me, they are huge in europe and always pick stuff up when I'm there, they stock Quechua clothing and is great quality, they also brought out the first pop up tents - not the cheap "festival" tents that are a very pale copy.

I was in the calais store in dec and bought a number of base layer T's for 2euro each wish they would spread west..

regards all
Alloneword

Post by Alloneword »

Was in there 2 weeks ago, and there was some cheap stuff but it was all skiing gear, sod all related to camping gear, guess i will have to wait a wee bit longer
Please bear in mind i am prepping for the River Thames to flood and how i can get to safe ground, I'm not worried about the end of the world..... I'll die with the other Minions.
I can't trust Govt or local Council to help me so i have to help myself.
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

Some of the ski gear is good quality, and very cheap in their end-of-season clearouts. I bought some warm and waterproof trousers, with decent pockets and braces.

Their carbon 500 spine arrows are pretty good too.
whenfires

Post by whenfires »

There's one not far from where I work but I've never been in. Might have to go and have a look.
Twitter: @whenfires
Disclaimer: May contain Amazon affiliate links harmful to wealth
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Fabulous place! It's a bit of a trek to our nearest one but the quality is great, I got a Quechua waterproof jacket there about 10 years ago and it's still as good as new. You can zip fleecy warm jackets inside when it's really cold too. Waterproof trousers still great along with gaitors.
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.