Lidl stuff

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
sniper 55

Re: Lidl stuff

Post by sniper 55 »

Hamradioop wrote:from 23 November 2015

Imagecar first aid kits £ 4.99

Powerfix LED Warning Light £5.99 Image
The light looks a bit like the led road "flare" things that are popular in the US, I'm pretty sure they are designed to be run over. How bright is it?
I got one of those "kojak" teardrop lights from the US many years back, 35w bulb and proper magnets. Looks a bit odd but you'll see me parked up.
Paul_H

Post by Paul_H »

Picked one of the warning lights up while over there and got to say it seems quite well put together and will do for what I need it to do with work, normal day to day vehicle has 2 full width warning light bars on so im not someone you can say you didnt spot lol

Seem ok so far guess ill find out for sure when its used in anger. Costco had these a few months back in a 3 pack for £15 should have grabbed some then but by time I thought hey I can use them they didn't have them anymore, typical, so see how this one goes on might go for some more if I see them doing next weeks shop
munchh

Post by munchh »

found these a while ago in Lidl, i bought some more yesterday, just ate this one, they are really good, i think there are 2 other flavours all Thia.
The box is wax coated inside, the noodles are in 2 small packets just like MREs, you empty both into the box and microwave it. I am very impressed, proper wet noodles not dehidrated and i do love my noodles.
im thinking with the full year BBD on them they could be cokked boil in the bag style too.

well worth a try, cant remember the price, but if they had been alot my wife would not have bought them :D
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Munchh: Whats the calorie content ?
Also how spicy is it ? as I'm not big on heat
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
munchh

Post by munchh »

as for how spicy, i like them but i suppose they mabie too spicy for some, i think the satay flavor was less spicy.
AREA 3
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

So, if I'm reading it right.
448 calories per pack and over 4 grams of salt

Thanks mate
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
munchh

Post by munchh »

Ouch!
AREA 3
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

I still might be tempted though..... I like salt even if its bad for me :cry:
Stasher

Post by Stasher »

Apologies if someone else has already put this on.

Several weeks ago I bought the 1.99 or 2.99 (?? can't remember) folding saw because it was soooooooo cheap.

There was a reason for the price

It will probably do small branches, but made cutting thro a 3" diameter trunk flippin hard work! Bow saw would have cut thro it like butter. Just a heads up in case you bought it and put it straight in the stash without testing it out
Knowledge is power
munchh

Post by munchh »

Ive got 4 of them, you just need to know that they are really just for branches 2" max, but saying that ive not had one not cut what i needed or break and the fact you can have 4 for the price of one of the named ones i recon they are great.
AREA 3