Water storage .. Which one

Finding it, filtering it, treating it all in here!
Magenta16v

Water storage .. Which one

Post by Magenta16v »

Right . Going to order some of these tomorrow. I notice they have 3 types . Green , blue and clear ones .
Do you think there is any difference in them ?
Which would you order ?

http://www.dvfuels.co.uk/category.asp?catID=7

I have got a postage price of £10 for 10 Containers
We Must learn all the skills that we have Forgotten
Reservior

Re: Water storage .. Which one

Post by Reservior »

That's a great price you got there! Are they sending them out by courier?

The colour is slightly irrelevant but as you have a choice, personally I would go with blue, merely because of the colour association with its intended contents.
Magenta16v

Post by Magenta16v »

Yes , think that would be my choice too really
The clear ones will prob let too much sunlight in
We Must learn all the skills that we have Forgotten
metatron

Post by metatron »

Good site, anyone thinking of getting into aquaponics would find their larger items useful.
jansman

Post by jansman »

The 25 litre ones in white are great. I store water in mine, they stack( 2 high only-ask me!) and easy to clean. I get mine for nothing, but that price is NEARLY nothing! :D
BTW- keep 'em in the dark-ish, the plastic does break down with UV exposure. Found out the hard way. Good link that , thankyou.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
metatron

Post by metatron »

If I didn't have a water meter I'd buy some IBCs as 1000lt in a steel cage to reinforce it, plus they have a tap, £42 is great value
Leo1

Post by Leo1 »

metatron wrote:If I didn't have a water meter I'd buy some IBCs as 1000lt in a steel cage to reinforce it, plus they have a tap, £42 is great value
Why buy? If you keep an eye out there are companys that give them away. A couple of my local Utilitie companys give them away. One other place to look is food importers, who import veg oil. One company i know will even deliver f,o,c locally.

Leo
dazz675

Post by dazz675 »

ive been filling half a litre coke bottles very time consuming, got about 20 litres, all i did was rinse them out then filled them, did this mid september, when should i refill them? will also add litre bottle when increasing supply , will feb /march be ok?they a stored in plastic storage box from wilkies
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

dazz675 wrote:ive been filling half a litre coke bottles very time consuming, got about 20 litres, all i did was rinse them out then filled them, did this mid september, when should i refill them? will also add litre bottle when increasing supply , will feb /march be ok?they a stored in plastic storage box from wilkies
I would refill every 6 months (some people say a year). I usually swill out the bottles using a few drops of non fragrenced bleach. I always write the date in permanent pen on the bottle so I know when I need to change the water. I have many coke bottles full of water stored around the house so it's an on going challenge to keep on top of it.