WaterBOB

Finding it, filtering it, treating it all in here!
headforthehills

Re: WaterBOB

Post by headforthehills »

tigs wrote:you know i do see a problem with the water bob ! in the usa there bathroom taps are supplied directly from the mains where as here they are fed from a tank!
Not quite - certainly in my house since we replaced the boiler (and given the fact that we have oodles of pressure in the main) all of our water comes straight from the main and we no longer have any storge tank or reserve. This has always been a concern of mine and I have done many tests to see how well a bath would stay full with just the plug to keep the water in but now I am certainly going to invest in a waterbob or similar.

Obviously it's practicality would depend on having the prescience to actually fill the thing up before the supply failed.
tigs

Post by tigs »

headforthehills wrote:
tigs wrote:you know i do see a problem with the water bob ! in the usa there bathroom taps are supplied directly from the mains where as here they are fed from a tank!
Not quite - certainly in my house since we replaced the boiler (and given the fact that we have oodles of pressure in the main) all of our water comes straight from the main and we no longer have any storge tank or reserve. This has always been a concern of mine and I have done many tests to see how well a bath would stay full with just the plug to keep the water in but now I am certainly going to invest in a waterbob or similar.

Obviously it's practicality would depend on having the prescience to actually fill the thing up before the supply failed.

oh ok! then many house are fed from a tank and not the mains i stand corrected :P :D
Ready for Anything

http://autonopedia.org/ if still out try facebook https://www.facebook.com/Autonopedia

Area 8
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

headforthehills wrote:
That would be the first thing I would do. Fill up all the receptacles with water, to supplement what I already have stored.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

jansman wrote:
junmist wrote:Some of you might like to look at a product called H2go it holds up to 80 litres of water as it fits into a wheelbarrow it's portabal as well. But Im not sure what its made out off
I have couple. I would not want one of these "water bobs" in my bath. I like to wash! I know , I know.SHTF and all that. I have solar showers to hang in place of proper one( and no- you don't need the sun, you can warm the water up).it may be Armageddon but I will not be smelling like a polecat! :lol: :lol:
If you've got a bath and a shower then that wouldn't be an issue. :mrgreen:
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

munchh wrote:http://www.worldofcamping.co.uk/h2go-wa ... tAod7RYAbA

£8.99 special offer, H2GO 80ltr
Could you use this without th wheelbarrow then? :mrgreen:
TorNicho

Post by TorNicho »

itsybitsy wrote:
munchh wrote:http://www.worldofcamping.co.uk/h2go-wa ... tAod7RYAbA

£8.99 special offer, H2GO 80ltr
Could you use this without th wheelbarrow then? :mrgreen:
Probably be ok to. Looks like a big bag, and I don't think the wheelbarrow is the thing stopping the bag splitting apart.
Just ordering 4
jansman

Post by jansman »

Saw 'em on Amazon for a fiver at the weekend.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
munchh

Post by munchh »

JUST FOR YOUR INFO......

To: sales@waterbob.com
Subject: UK shipping

Hi i just wondered what the shipping to the UK would be?
Thanks,
Steve

Sorry for the delay in our response.

At this time, we do not sell or ship internationally but we are currently working on that option. We will send you an email once we have that option available.

Thank you for your interest in the Waterbob.
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
munchh

Post by munchh »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H2GO-80-LTR-P ... 256f79b212

Never thought to look for these on ebay (and i buy everything on there)
£9.78 delivered

(I know ive gone on about these, i dont have any shares in them or anything, just like the idea and like when they are cheap ;) )
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.