YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE!!! WHAT NEXT???

Homes and Retreats
chillihound

YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE!!! WHAT NEXT???

Post by chillihound »

ok so i am basing this on a post apocalyptic scenario, not just a financial collapse but a 99% population dead, no government, no civilization scenario. something like the unlikely zombie apocalypse for example. what are peoples long term plans if the world ends, the threat is gone and you have done your job as a prepper and come out of it a survivor.

personally i will have left the place i have been holding up at and ventured across the country. as we live on tiny island this will get very boring very quickly. so was thinking about crossing the channel and exploring the rest of the dead planet.
Always know where your towel is!!
unsure

Re: YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE!!! WHAT NEXT???

Post by unsure »

maybe you could make your way through the channel tunnel to france ,what you might find would be another thing . bearing in mind that it wouldn`t take long for the average family pet dog to go ferral and form packs , i know poland and germany still have wild wolves .how long would it take for those to start to expand their hunting grounds .i think i`d rather stay here myself were we are at the top of the food chain . well apart from dogs .
if things were at the point were i had to go , then i`d have no choice but go the tunnel route myself , bit of a long walk for me unless my landrover survives .as for fuel for it every kfc or maccy`s has enough fuel to run it for a good lenth of time . ;)

what would others do about being mobile , security ,hunting ect .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
chillihound

Post by chillihound »

but if you considor that by this point you would access to things that before you wouldnt have, like everything the military once had in cluding an entire arsenal at your disposal (or whats left of it). wild dogs wouldn't be a big issue
unsure

Post by unsure »

if you want to look at it that way , the russians have a multi purpose 6wd multifuel engined truck .zil 131 will run on anything thats flamable . even vintage vodka . the radio trucks have a soild body and propper heating , they make excellent bov but are limited on speed .
thats the transport and living space sorted , these can be found all over europe ,theres even some in the uk , not many and a shortage of parts over here . thats just one of the many choice`s .
how many bases do you think will still have supplies of anything usable .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
chillihound

Post by chillihound »

well there is ex mil vehicle trader not from me so mite be worth checking out. well tbh there won't be much left in the bases by this point but guns will be easy to find but if not its not a concern. besides, things can easily be crafted but i wont get into that lol
unsure

Post by unsure »

aarr that would be jacksons then , the old rocket site , they have mostly landrovers and heavy kit .
i was up there a couple of years ago getting a landrover off them . the price`s are ,,,,, shall we say ,over the top .
i think it all depends on what your looking for , what every it is it really needs to be a solid body .
junmist

Post by junmist »

for me finding other survivors would be top of the list could get pretty boaring talking to myself :lol: :lol: :lol: so first a wonder round the uk and if no one is here then over the channel either by foot or while fuel lasted by car a gun would be handy for hunting but I have no idea where I would find one, talking about guns one of them on my wish list would be an elephant gun :?: Id be more worried about the bears, tigers, lions and any other big predator that some idiot is going to let out of zoos or wildlife parks so even if I can't hit them with it the boom from that gun should scare them off for a time, thats if I'm not knocked down by the kick back. :D
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
unsure

Post by unsure »

have a look on you tube for `cut slugs ` its an old way of making hard hitting rounds with out being a specialty round .these can be fired from any 12guage shotgun and will stop most big things but desimate a rabbit . :)
chillihound

Post by chillihound »

junmist wrote:for me finding other survivors would be top of the list could get pretty boaring talking to myself :lol: :lol: :lol: so first a wonder round the uk and if no one is here then over the channel either by foot or while fuel lasted by car a gun would be handy for hunting but I have no idea where I would find one, talking about guns one of them on my wish list would be an elephant gun :?: Id be more worried about the bears, tigers, lions and any other big predator that some idiot is going to let out of zoos or wildlife parks so even if I can't hit them with it the boom from that gun should scare them off for a time, thats if I'm not knocked down by the kick back. :D

well post apocalypse there would be stuff all over the place. but if your old enough you should look at a firearms licence. its something im looking into but im having trouble finding a legit reason to own the rifle i want. i found a very nice semi-auto .306 cal version of the Ar-15
unsure

Post by unsure »

the problem with owning a rifle or shotgun is that your on the police radar .any kind of civil unrest they`d be around to relieve you of it .
as for the legitamit reason for having one , can you find a friendly farmer with a vermin problem willing to give you permission to shot in wrighting before you apply .