Buying in the US

Medical and Healthcare
BRITMILREP

Buying in the US

Post by BRITMILREP »

I'm off to the US and I thought I'd stock up on basic meds. They actually sell big bottles of aspirin unlike over here they trust you not to OD on it. I'm planning on getting aspirin, paracetemol etc. What other non prescription goodies can I get (bear in mind they have to be legal to own and take over here without prescription)
preppingsu

Re: Buying in the US

Post by preppingsu »

Hi BRITMILREP,

I can't help you with your questions as I don' know! But I'm sure someone will be along later to offer some advice.

Can I welcome you to the forum and ask that you pop along to the new members section and introduce yourself. Thanks :D
ro2935

Post by ro2935 »

If you can find a Walgreen pharmcy, buy there generic stuff, it works out much cheaper.
I bought sinus meds and generic tylenol,
The-Great-Nothing

Buying in the US

Post by The-Great-Nothing »

Hi

I have purchased 24 packets of 16 x ibroprofen, 16 x paracetamol and 16 x aspirin at my local hypermarket / minimart supplier. All at one time - for a good price - and in the UK with out bother.

Cheers

Matt
jansman

Post by jansman »

The-Great-Nothing wrote:Hi

I have purchased 24 packets of 16 x ibroprofen, 16 x paracetamol and 16 x aspirin at my local hypermarket / minimart supplier. All at one time - for a good price - and in the UK with out bother.

Cheers

Matt
Yes you are right. Poundland do three packs for a quid.

Britmilprep ,Will you be allowed to bring meds through US/UK customs?
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Only thing worth buying in the US are M&M's, cocoanut, mint and almond, get the party packs of those, also buy some mountain dew, nectar of the gods (the UK stuff does not taste like it)
Ferricks

Post by Ferricks »

the good thing about buying in the states is (like all else stateside) you can get HUUUUGE bottles / packs of everything....

I think tylenol are fab, would also consider advil, an additional codeine based painkiller for REAL emergencies, diclofenac ,,,, antibiotics if you can get them (check if legal),,,, and antihystamines if they're cheaper.
Medicine Man

Post by Medicine Man »

The-Great-Nothing wrote:Hi

Cheers

Matt
Where was that please I live near-ish Peterborough?
Author of 'Wilderness and Survival Medicine' www.survival-medic.com
ticklemonkey

Post by ticklemonkey »

I always stock up on iodine when over there!