Reining Back

How are you preparing
Ian

Reining Back

Post by Ian »

We have always kept a decent stock of supplies especially whilst living in a area which was regularly cut off for weeks on end because of the weather.

For the last eight or so years this was reduced to an estimated 100 days supply or three months. We are fortunate in having enough space to store it and one room is shelved and devoted to such storage.

I have been thinking and considering during the last few weeks and I cannot envisage anything that has a reasonable chance of happening that would require a supply of food, water, power, fuel, etc., etc. longer than 30 days/one month.

All of the likely scenarios, strikes, earthquakes, disease, terrorism and so forth surely could not possibly deprive the UK population of essential supplies for more than four weeks so I am seriously considering running our stocks down instead of turning them over until we get to an estimated 30 days in store.

Anything with the possibility of requiring longer prepping is so very, very unlikely to happen, the risk is minimal.

This will have a number of advantages:
Easier stock control.
Stock turnover will be better, more eaten, less thrown away.
Less capital tied up in stock.
Cheaper shopping bills for a few months until the excess is used up without replacing.
More space in the storage room.
We will be able to store a better quality of supplies for less money spent.

Have I missed something?
jansman

Re: Reining Back

Post by jansman »

No you have not!You have to maintain a sense of reality.bit like my post about BOBs.
Have enough to deal with the problem(and then some) but have the knowledge and mindset to deal with anything beyond that
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.