What say you?

Finding it, filtering it, treating it all in here!
Brambling01

What say you?

Post by Brambling01 »

I've been wanting a water filter for ages but finances are tight. Well, after much wailing and gnashing of teeth I have finally found a contender.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004 ... d_i=468294

As I've overpaid on the leccy DD I've just been refunded some money and am spending it on preps.
I was thinking of using an adaptor of some sort to to attach it to a water carrier. So, any thoughts, comments?
Ian

Re: What say you?

Post by Ian »

What standards is it built to?

Has it any independent supporting trials to the claims?

My handkerchief can filter out bacteria (but not very well)
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

whats the availability of the filters, and how much are they?? i dont like buying stuff on Amazon without a review and this dosent have one, would like an opinion from someone who has bought one.
Brambling01

Post by Brambling01 »

See, I knew there was a reason to post, I never thought of specs, standards and stuff. There are reviews of the stainless steel model, and the repacement filters are £13.99. I'll do some more investigating. Thanks!
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

Brambling01 wrote: the repacement filters are £13.99. I'll do some more investigating. Thanks!
what-each????? eeeeeeeekkkk!!
Carrot Cruncher

Post by Carrot Cruncher »

Hi Brambling

I just had a look at their website here http://www.prozoneuk.co.uk/water-filter ... p-655.html and it looks as though prozone uk are an importer who supply shopping channels such as QVC etc, they are not the actual people who manufacture it. I couldn't see any data sheets for the filter or anything like that which is a bit iffy. When a supplier states it will filter X and "much more" I would want to see exactly what the "much more" consisted of, or more importantly, what it didn't.

I think I would go to one of the well known filter brands who's business is filters and who can supply the relevant info rather than a shopping channel supplier. It may be a good product but with water being so important I wouldn't take the risk.

It's also a couple of quid cheaper on their website so if you do go for it I would get it from there instead of Amazon
Brambling01

Post by Brambling01 »

Hmm, I had a look too CC and have come to the same conclusion. I'll just have to keep saving for a Berkey. Trouble is, I get so far and something comes up and no money! :cry:
I can't stand boiled water it tastes like Carp!