It's still about.

Medical and Healthcare
korolev

It's still about.

Post by korolev »

Mrs K and I were saying last week "you don't hear much about Covid these days, do you?"

Well, guess what ?

She picked it up at work and now I've got it. We were due to go to Italy this weekend for our 30th anniversary so it's put the kybosh on that. That'll learn us for being a bit blasé.
So far it's not terrible, like having a really bad cold. Hopefully we'll shake it off by Thursday as we have gig tickets.

On the up side, the 99 year-old lady she caught it from was hospitalised, we expected the worst but she's been told once she tests clear she can go home.

Stay vigilant peeps.
Arzosah

Re: It's still about.

Post by Arzosah »

Sorry to hear you've come down with it - the single time I caught it, 18 months ago, it took me out for 2 months. I still mask if I'm inside a public space of any sort, change my clothes after ditto, and clean my shopping (though I did that anyway, once my local supermarkets were outed for rats peeing all over the pallets of goods about to be put on the shelves :shock: I usually avoid touching others, though sometimes I take calculated risks - eg last year when I went to a funeral in Milton Keynes, my cousins had just flown in from Africa and Australia, but we still hugged, several times.

I'm definitely an outlier, and frankly I expect some adverse comments on here, but I don't care. I'm the boss of me, so to speak :)

Get well soon!
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

My daughter's boyfriend tested positive last week. First time he'd caught it as well and he was rough for a couple of days but seems ok now.
Arzosah , funny you should mention rats peeing over pallets of goods. Way back in the early 80's at college as apprentice carpenters we were told not to put nails in our mouths for the very same reason. Mind I've done it for decades with so far no problem...
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Sorry to hear that it's kyboshed your holiday. Get well soon. We had it a few weeks back and it was just a nuisance. That old lady was lucky, by the sound of it.
We, as a society, and as preppers, must be wary that we are just a small mutation away from a whole new deadly pandemic..... Something we never used to think of.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Ara

Post by Ara »

Son no. 1 caught it a couple of weeks ago having avoided it when son no. 2 and his girlfriend caught it at the height of the pandemic when they all lived in the same house. He was complaining because he'd taken a week's holiday to work on his new house and couldn't as he felt dizzy just walking down stairs. He is NEVER ill so it came as a shock to him.
Mad Scientist

Post by Mad Scientist »

Rotten luck with your holiday korolev I’m sorry to hear that.
It’s almost worse these days with people being allowed to come to work/ school with it. I know the machine has to keep running but we can’t move without coming into contact with it. I try and eat a really good diet to keep up my immune system, give the body the tools it needs to stay as healthy as possible. Hubbyand I have had covid three times but not too badly thank goodness. Feel so sorry for people who have long covid or been very ill with it. Another prep to take care of -being out of action for a few days or unable to travel. Keep going everyone!
Medusa

Post by Medusa »

I am still seeing people wearing masks in the town where I work, mostly older people but some younger ones too. A client with an appointment came to work the other day (not a medical facility) and I asked if she was unwell, she wasnt and it was just her preference which is fine. I was actually more concerned about her having Norovirus which seems to be doing the rounds around here at the moment than Covid.
Growing old disgracefully!