Large Quantity of Prepper Related Material.

Read something good? Written something good? Link it, or copy it here!
PPrep

Large Quantity of Prepper Related Material.

Post by PPrep »

Hopefully the following is of some use and is not superfluous.

Over time, I've been collecting and curating a very large amount of online prepper - related material as carefully as possible. This is nearly finished. Nearly all the material is US sourced, but I've collected and added UK - specific material separately, although the US and UK have much in common. Helpful information from county councils such as Cheshire County Council has also been included. There are also additional pdf notes which I have written for clarification on a few topics.

I've also written an article on self - protection online. I felt that, particularly for preppers, protecting one's privacy and security online is essential where corporate entities and government agencies are routinely mining, manipulating and selling our private data. A "hidden" problem is still a problem. We need to be aware of surveillance, including smartphones and spy - fi kit in our homes, particularly Internet of Things. Debate on this, and secure communication between people that is not too complicated, would be most welcome.

There are over 200 files, totalling about 1GHz. I've organised these into folders. I don't know how to circulate this bulk information, and have never circulated info except small amounts by email attachment. If it can be circulated, ideally it needs to be done securely, not via leaky online resources or facilities provided by the likes of Google or Microsoft. An independent encrypted link of some sort may be a possibility. The links below provide a huge collection of prepper - related information. I've drawn the majority of the info in "my" collection from their free pdf downloads. Many thanks to these and similar websites and their contributors for their generosity:

https://cityprepping.com/blog/skill/pre ... uick-guide

https://collapsesurvivalsite.com/free-s ... s-manuals/
itsybitsy

Re: Large Quantity of Prepper Related Material.

Post by itsybitsy »

If any members are interested in taking up your offer, then I recommend they contact you via message so that you can arrange the best way to provide them with the resources, it's not something we can facilitate on the forum itself.
PPrep

Post by PPrep »

Thank you, Itsybitsy. I'm very keen on anonymity all round. Items such as the one on online protection (would be a long potential post) that I've written, could be sent as ordinary posts as I have them in .txt format as well as .pdf and can copy/paste them. Just to avoid any possible misunderstanding, I have no wish to monetise any of this or impose any commitment on any user.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I've just spent a *lot* of time downloading from the "collapse" site :mrgreen: I love esoteric stuff like "the design of a wheelbarrow" and "using safe burial practices" :? The radio material makes my eyes go blurry, I still can't really take it in, but basic material about taking care of flu cases at home is really useful.

City Prepping is a good guy, though I really wish he'd speak slower on his you tube videos :lol:

Are you going to start a separate thread on self protection online, or join in an existing one? It's great to study niche areas and get yourself really important, especially when the niche is so important.
PPrep

Post by PPrep »

"Are you going to start a separate thread on self protection online, or join in an existing one? It's great to study niche areas and get yourself really important, especially when the niche is so important."

Thank you for your interest in this. I could start a separate thread, in the forum? Presumably I could do this by choosing the most appropriate heading, perhaps "Educational Books and Materials" and start a new topic? In fact I've produced a practical article on this and could offer it as a (rather long) post. There's no strong or offensive language in it, but I may need to edit parts of it which are perhaps too "outspoken" for the forum. I'm almost completely new to fora, and haven't got myself sorted out yet.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Yep, read the guidelines, and the rules :mrgreen: and adapt what you've written. If you want to be a writer to some extent, that's a handy skill anyway, to learn to adapt what you've got to an audience.

I have a near-future novel I'm writing, every now and again, and I can tell that I drift into my own voice when I don't really want to :mrgreen: I don't expect to publish it, but I might, since I enjoy writing the dratted thing, and thinking about scenarios.

If what you've written feels too long, by the way, just break it up into a few posts - it's good practice to find the turning point(s) of what you've written :)
PPrep

Post by PPrep »

Arzosah wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:24 pm Yep, read the guidelines, and the rules :mrgreen: and adapt what you've written. If you want to be a writer to some extent, that's a handy skill anyway, to learn to adapt what you've got to an audience.
Thank you for your most helpful advice. I'll proceed, but it will take a day or two.

I wish you every success with your near-future novel. I don't do much writing, although I enjoy doing short pieces. I spend time fiddling about making increasingly trivial edits and this can take ages. :lol:
PPrep

Post by PPrep »

I've tried posting the first part of my article twice, but the post doesn't appear. The heading is "Self Protection Online". Is there a limit on length of posts, or is the problem elsewhere? Please advise.