New member saying hello

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Shrews

New member saying hello

Post by Shrews »

Hello all,

I've been slowly prepping for some time especially as war does seem to be moving ever closer. I have a Belarusian fiancee and visit there regularly. One thing I will say about the Belarusian people is they are gentle, quiet, loving and just want to be an independent country like Switzerland. In a zone where Mordor is next door they are The Shire. Unfortunately they are led by a brutal dictator under the grip of Putin.

However, much like LOTR they may well have a part to play in what is likely to come. For now, they don't appear phased about much, hardly ever watch the news (or believe its content), want to support their Ukrainian 'Slavic' brothers and find any talk of WW3 unbelievable. It is like they are on a different, but innocent, possibly naive planet.

Thoughts:

Well, I was thinking of setting up my own Prepping market stall, but not really clear on what people might buy, what is affordable, and what bare minimums people should have in their homes. I will do some reading of the site and see what I can pick up from you guys.

I was a member of the old Armageddon.com forum years ago which seemed to get ravaged by bugs, became unusable and I think sadly died a death. Ironic considering the ethos of the site!
jennyjj01

Re: New member saying hello

Post by jennyjj01 »

Hi from Cheshire. Lots of useful stuff for you here. Prepping is certainly a growing niche.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum, Shrews. You've obviously got contributions to make, as well as new information to learn, as well as having a unique insight into what's going on at the moment - Belarus is important!

Hope the forum is positive for you.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Hi, welcome to the forum. Hope you get some ideas for your stall. I would stock prepping items that woul appeal to non-preppers as well as things specifically aimed at preppers, so you can get non-preppers into prepping, and sell more. Eg Bic lighters. Freeze dried backpacking meals with a decent shelf life might sell, but date will be important. You might try Victorinox SAKs, but you would have to be careful they don't get nicked. Small good quality torches that run off a single AAA battery.