Gas canisters

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Catweazle

Re: Gas canisters

Post by Catweazle »

If anyone is looking for a really effective rust protecter then Lanolin thinned with white spirit works really well. Even if there is already a bit of surface rust, the lanolin will get right into it, drive the water out, and seal it well.
jansman

Re: Gas canisters

Post by jansman »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:57 pm
Moorland Prepper wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:35 pm
jansman wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:34 am I have DOZENS wrapped in plastic ( originally) in fireproof boxes in a cool outbuilding ( and fire safe) . 12 years old and perfect. In fact I’ve been reminding my wife how to cook-in an emergency with the same,and the methylated spirit cooker too. ;)
The fireproof boxes idea looks interesting. Could you recommend any? I've had a look on Amazon and they just bring up fireproof safes>
Remember LPG is heavier than air there's a reason why caravans and holidays homes have drop vents at floor level to stop the gas pooling ..

A decent metal chest or box / ammo case ideally vented low down in a well ventilated shed / outbuildings fire is one thing g you don't want an explosive build up of leaked gas

Propane iirc is illegal to store within a dwelling or attached outbuilding /garage butane within a dwelling is 30kg iirc (less explosive than propane)
Oh ours are vented ok. Most important.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.