Sheathes packing bursting for long term storage

Medical and Healthcare
reciloy

Sheathes packing bursting for long term storage

Post by reciloy »

I have been unlucky with the Durex brand of sheathes for long term storage in a grab-bag. Sold in boxes of three, twice in a row now I have returned (well before their BBE date has been reached) to find one of the packets having burst, with the lubricant leaving a mess on everything around it.

The previous rupture was with the following details:

• LOT 1000581935
• B16C EXP 2023-08

The second and most recent occurrence, which was to replace the previous from around March of 2023 of last year, had the following details:

• LOT 1001532064
• B25B EXP 2026-07
• MFG 2021-08

This now puts doubt into my mind as to whether this brand can be trusted. Conversing with The British Condoms website (britishcondoms.uk) I was informed that the seal method for packing sheathes is largely settled upon across in the industry, but it was suggested the LELO Hex brand may use a different sealing process and could be more robust, but there no assurance.

I store mine inside a small Noaks plastic re-sealable bag, which itself is placed in a larger one, which is kept inside a grab bag, which is left inside a cupboard in darkened, but ambient conditions. With one of three reliably failing there must be something to the storage conditions, but I cannot think how to prevent it, other than getting another brand.

Can anybody advise.
ForgeCorvus

Re: Sheathes packing bursting for long term storage

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Are you carrying them for other uses, or just the obvious?

Because there are better items for everything else (and you did say grab-bag not baccy-tin mini kit).

As for their intended function, I couldn't possibly comment.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
reciloy

Re: Sheathes packing bursting for long term storage

Post by reciloy »

My grab-bag is designed for the city, so things never get that desperate.

My main concern is what to replace them with as they keep bursting and only in two nested bags !

How can they not tolerate that kind of long term storage ?