What Preps are you doing this week? Part 11

How are you preparing
Arzosah

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 11

Post by Arzosah »

diamond lil wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:53 pm ~~Jansman & Jan xx~~ But we're all in the same boat ultimately, just a lot of us don't know it yet. I even appreciate this tiny wee hamster hutch now as it'll be so easy to run when one of us is left.
That's so true. We don't know when, and we've got space to *hope* it will be far in the future, that's the difference I think.

For me, living on my own, it's a little bit different again because my goods will be dispersed (I hope some prep stuff will be kept for my youngest great-niece, but they might not want to bother ... ) and my property sold. And that will be that :geek:
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:53 pm ~~Jansman & Jan xx~~ But we're all in the same boat ultimately, just a lot of us don't know it yet. I even appreciate this tiny wee hamster hutch now as it'll be so easy to run when one of us is left.
Good comes from all places. Glad your move went smoothly and worked. It’s a while now though isn’t it?
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:57 pm
That's so true. We don't know when, and we've got space to *hope* it will be far in the future, that's the difference I think.

For me, living on my own, it's a little bit different again because my goods will be dispersed (I hope some prep stuff will be kept for my youngest great-niece, but they might not want to bother ... ) and my property sold. And that will be that :geek:
My best friend is in your position,so I understand. However,on a cheerful note,today is today! :D

Robert Frost.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

jansman wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:36 amMy best friend is in your position,so I understand. However,on a cheerful note,today is today! :D
Absolutely! Buying my little 1 litre Toyota Aygo is a huge investment in my future 🌈🌞
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

We've been here 4 years now come Nov JM, took a while to settle but I'm sorted now.
Good for you re the car arzosah!
Back to winter up here, really baltic with horrible winds. My preps for today seem to be sitting around a lot drinking tea and eating biscuits...
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:24 pm We've been here 4 years now come Nov JM, took a while to settle but I'm sorted now.
Good for you re the car arzosah!
Back to winter up here, really baltic with horrible winds. My preps for today seem to be sitting around a lot drinking tea and eating biscuits...
I must confess,I am the same. Lots of tea!

Robert Frost.

Me.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:02 am
jansman wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:36 amMy best friend is in your position,so I understand. However,on a cheerful note,today is today! :D
Absolutely! Buying my little 1 litre Toyota Aygo is a huge investment in my future 🌈🌞
I’m glad you got sorted with your car. Enjoy! :D

Robert Frost.

Me.
jansman

Post by jansman »

In between my daily rests ,today I have made videos about topics relevant here for my wife. I say video in the loosest way :lol: :lol:.

Whilst my wife knows how things work,they are not used often,so I’ve made ‘reminders’. The thing is,it makes me happy to know I’ve done that.

So today no1 was our portable gas heater. Everything from safety,operation and maintenance. Done!

No2 was the aerosol gas picnic stoves. Same as above.

No3 our Trangia cooking set.

Robert Frost.

Me.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Snip>
jansman wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:39 pm Today I have made videos about topics relevant here for my wife.

Whilst my wife knows how things work,they are not used often,so I’ve made ‘reminders’.

The thing is,it makes me happy to know I’ve done that.
Great Idea JM.

Peace of mind for you both.

Whilst a Will can be helpful in carrying out your final wishes, these "little things" can be of great help.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Just replaced the socket by the backdoor noticed last night when I unplugged the extension lead to the shed / tumble drier that the live pin was red hot to the point you couldn't touch it...

Plug wires cool inside just the live pin hot so that pointed to either the fuse connection (tight and clean ) or the 13a socket... £4.15 for a new MK socket fitted by my friendly electrician ;) :lol:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine