How are you preparing
diamond lil

Re: Prepping when ill or infirm

Post by diamond lil »

The Sitooterie :mrgreen:
Medusa

Post by Medusa »

I'm going to suggest "The Ark". Sending my best wishes to everyone going through tough times at the moment.
Growing old disgracefully!
GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

Youre all brilliant ๐Ÿ˜‚...
Thank you !
The preps this week and next now are going to get a bit tougher ..builders coming in Monday to demolish the rest of the kitchen . Living room and bathroom .then start work ... approx 2 weeks if things go well
At present I have stew simmering away on the camp stove in the ..ark ..summer house tardis ...annex ..sitooterie...chalet ๐Ÿ˜‚
Make shift box for OH chemo until we can get the correct set up at the end of the month ( docs strike to be taken into account) ..
The freeze dried food has come in massively useful the preps I had at a higher level in house have been used daily the extra medications I had put away have also been in use as the meds were all kept downstairs in a proper medicine box that got smashed off the wall and floating in water
Its amazing how many things you keep on one level ..paperwork in drawers ..bits and bats ...learned a big lesson there
The main stuff was hubby's chemo and other medications
We will definitely be changing that and finding something water tight for them to go in .
We will be living solely in the one bedroom and the escape hut ๐Ÿ˜‚ for the duration of the building work and if we survive this major bug in then we can see it as a trial run for whatever is thrown at us . The chemo survived floating in the water the boxes didn't..thats all that matters the rest is just a house ...
Cant think of everything but in future prepping will be making sure the meds are very safe
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

GeeGee wrote: โ†‘Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:23 pm Youre all brilliant ๐Ÿ˜‚...
Thank you !
The preps this week and next now are going to get a bit tougher ..builders coming in Monday to demolish the rest of the kitchen . Living room and bathroom .then start work ... approx 2 weeks if things go well
At present I have stew simmering away on the camp stove in the ..ark ..summer house tardis ...annex ..sitooterie...chalet ๐Ÿ˜‚
Make shift box for OH chemo until we can get the correct set up at the end of the month ( docs strike to be taken into account) ..
The freeze dried food has come in massively useful the preps I had at a higher level in house have been used daily the extra medications I had put away have also been in use as the meds were all kept downstairs in a proper medicine box that got smashed off the wall and floating in water
Its amazing how many things you keep on one level ..paperwork in drawers ..bits and bats ...learned a big lesson there
The main stuff was hubby's chemo and other medications
We will definitely be changing that and finding something water tight for them to go in .
We will be living solely in the one bedroom and the escape hut ๐Ÿ˜‚ for the duration of the building work and if we survive this major bug in then we can see it as a trial run for whatever is thrown at us . The chemo survived floating in the water the boxes didn't..thats all that matters the rest is just a house ...
Cant think of everything but in future prepping will be making sure the meds are very safe
Least there's progress at last :mrgreen:

As for storage of stuff heavy duty dry bags

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Osprey-Ultrali ... ROKL5A1OLE

I got some from Lidl/ Aldi years ago made out of dingy type rubber material they have been bomb proof
Got to love the chancers

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265534972155 ... i4QAvD_BwE

Think I paid about ยฃ8 each :lol:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Medusa

Post by Medusa »

GeeGee your resilience is amazing and I bet that stew tastes fantastic! Here's hoping that in two weeks you are able to return to some kind of normality and that your OH hasnt been too negatively affected by all of the upheaval. *raises a very large mug of Yorkshire Tea to you*
Growing old disgracefully!
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Medusa wrote: โ†‘Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:31 pm GeeGee your resilience is amazing and I bet that stew tastes fantastic! Here's hoping that in two weeks you are able to return to some kind of normality and that your OH hasnt been too negatively affected by all of the upheaval. *raises a very large mug of Yorkshire Tea to you*
Mmmm Yorkshire tea that'll do :mrgreen:

Geegee hope you had a good time at the sea side and found boyes :lol:

GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: โ†‘Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:35 pm
Medusa wrote: โ†‘Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:31 pm GeeGee your resilience is amazing and I bet that stew tastes fantastic! Here's hoping that in two weeks you are able to return to some kind of normality and that your OH hasnt been too negatively affected by all of the upheaval. *raises a very large mug of Yorkshire Tea to you*

Yes the place had a walls and floors and a ceiling and stuff ๐Ÿ˜…
Straight to boyes when it opened grabbed some while everybody else fighting over chocolate that was reduced
Medusa that Yorkshire tea sounds great
The tea coffee and sugar pots were on the worktop little wooden tops really nice obv in the tip with the rest of the stuff after they were buried under ceiling and water so now have bits in little plastic bags ๐Ÿ™„
When you look round your kitchen and living room and for those who have kids especially..its so surprising just what we have in there
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

GeeGee wrote: โ†‘Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:12 am
Yorkshire Andy wrote: โ†‘Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:35 pm

Yes the place had a walls and floors and a ceiling and stuff ๐Ÿ˜…
Straight to boyes when it opened grabbed some while everybody else fighting over chocolate that was reduced
Medusa that Yorkshire tea sounds great
The tea coffee and sugar pots were on the worktop little wooden tops really nice obv in the tip with the rest of the stuff after they were buried under ceiling and water so now have bits in little plastic bags ๐Ÿ™„
When you look round your kitchen and living room and for those who have kids especially..its so surprising just what we have in there

Hard not to spend a fortune in there puts the home bargains/ BM type shops to shame :lol:

Next visit will be the local plod to inspect your little bags of white powder :mrgreen:

On the kids front with all that rain the TV showing various areas flooded out told little man to get his toys put in the toy boxes so it's easier to move if we get a flood warning... Popped to the shed and back he's taken all his new toys from Santa to his bedroom 'safe upstairs daddy" :lol: never seen him tidy his stuff up so fast :tinfoil he then came to see if his new bike was high up in my shed fortunately it's sat on top of mine so I got away with that one

Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Here's another mug of tea being raised to you, GeeGee, I'm full of admiration for how you're coping. Absolutely phenomenal.

I hope your builders are kind and realise what you're going through.
Yorkshire Andy wrote: โ†‘Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:18 am On the kids front with all that rain the TV showing various areas flooded out told little man to get his toys put in the toy boxes so it's easier to move if we get a flood warning... Popped to the shed and back he's taken all his new toys from Santa to his bedroom 'safe upstairs daddy" :lol: never seen him tidy his stuff up so fast :tinfoil he then came to see if his new bike was high up in my shed fortunately it's sat on top of mine so I got away with that one
Wow! That's practical prepping in action! You've got a convert there for life, Andy :D
GillyBee

Post by GillyBee »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: โ†‘Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:18 am On the kids front with all that rain the TV showing various areas flooded out told little man to get his toys put in the toy boxes so it's easier to move if we get a flood warning... Popped to the shed and back he's taken all his new toys from Santa to his bedroom 'safe upstairs daddy" :lol: never seen him tidy his stuff up so fast :tinfoil he then came to see if his new bike was high up in my shed fortunately it's sat on top of mine so I got away with that one
That is genius level child rearing! Would not have worked on mine as we were in a 5th floor flat when they were small.