Winter car kit

Logistics and Transport
Peter

Re: Winter car kit

Post by Peter »

[quote="Yorkshire Andy" post_id=234756 time=1705010648 user_id=3716]
As a major fallback I've got a sip lead acid jump pack
https://www.halfords.com/motoring/batte ... IIEALw_wcB

Which is a beast last summer the wife's car battery dropped dead in Tesco as in dead short internally so went from good to dead dead... I walked home and returned in my car quickly established the battery was fubar and wouldn't jump off at all...

Removed her battery and by the medium of zip ties & insulation tape I fitted the sip jump pack on the battery tray of her car secured with ties then clipped the clamps to the battery positive and negative terminals and bound in tape to prevent the live touching the metalwork in the engine bay.. it started and run fine on the 22ah battery to get it home :mrgreen: next morning a brand new battery was ordered and fitted
[/quote]

That’s the way to do it - adapt and survive :)
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Peter wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:35 pm

And avoid dealing with the parasite parking eye anpr type companies ;)

Only agro I got was pulled in next to Mrs Andy's car and having some OAP have a go as I didn't have a blue badge (Mrs A does) apparently she was gong to put a complaint into the RAC as i was rude she wouldn't have it as i was parked alongside to access my tools I did try an initial jump lead charge... in the end i told her to sod off think the bright orange overalls made her think i was the rac :lol:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Peter

Post by Peter »

z
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:15 pm [quote=Peter post_id=234795 time=<a href="tel:1705167313">1705167313</a> user_id=8717]

........think the bright orange overalls made her think i was the rac :lol:
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: